• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best value in an accurate SS .308 barrel??

Armed-RN

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2011
I have a couple of the POF DPMS style uppers/lowers that I am building, one with the 11" attached POF rail and the other just a flat top. I have them about done except for the barrels and would like some input on good accurate barrels for a decent price. I wanted to use the one with the 11" rail for a 16" barrel, and the other one with something along the lines of a 20" - 22" barrel. I have a Magpul PRS on one and a Voltor stock on the other, both have two stage triggers in them. I wanted to finish the 16" one first with a barrel that won't break the bank. I have looked at Lilja, Bartlein, Krieger, Fulton Armory, but just can't seem to make up my mind. With the price of some of the barrels I could buy a completed DPMS rifle
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Best value in an accurate SS .308 barrel??

Who are they made by? Who does the finish work on them? I've been looking at them but don't see much info on who they are made by or any one on the boards using them with the exception on one guy. I agree the price is OK, and they are close to where I live, see them at the gun show all the time.............

Select are made by blackhole, match ones are shilen machined by white oak. I think.

Also are you sure your POF upper will take any DPMS style barrel?

They should take any DPMS style barrel, I picked them up off of the group buy here and on another forum. The flat top is a POF/Hogan build (Desertfox_01 on this board) and they are supposed to be DPMS style uppers, that's what he told me on the phone.
I've never heard of Blackhole, but I've heard of the Shilen and White Oak. Have you tried any of there barrels and what kind of accuracy are you getting out of it?
Thanks for the reply