• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best Wilcox RAPTAR Mount?

LRShooter101

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2013
Southern, IN
I am looking for the best scope mount that can handle a Wilcox RAPTAR mounted on top.

I have seen:
Spuhr Mount - https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-a-0029-raptar-adapter
Badger Ordnance - https://www.eurooptic.com/Badger-Ordnance-34mm-Rulr-Raptar-Scope-Mount-306-155.aspx
LaRue - https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-lt845-qd-scope-mount

The mount will hold a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56
There will also be a PVS-27 going in front of the scope

Can anyone please advise why you would pick one over the other?

With the full Spuhr setup you are looking at $500+, the full Badger setup is around $400, and the LaRue mount is $300. I am all about buying the "best" piece of gear, but I also need a good reason to spend an extra $100-$200 if the LaRue mount is fully capable of doing the job.

Thanks in advance!

I like the sphur, but I didn’t look very hard. I gave up on larue stuff a long time ago, for most applications I use ADM, in this case I didn’t want someone to be able to QD my scope and LRF off the rifle and walk away so everything is bolted and thread locked together.

Thanks for the feedback!

I also use ADM for a lot of applications, but it was not an option here.

I have also used a number of LaRue mounts, and I have never had any issues with them. Care to elaborate on the issues you have had?

I also like the Badger C1, but I could not find everything I needed in stock, so I was going to stick with the original model which was available.

I looked at the EraTac, but I did not see a RAPTAR mount option?

The Spuhr is going to be a solid option, but there are a lot of other things that I could do with that money!

LT mounts tend to mark the mounting surface due to the rotation if the QD mechanism , where adm mount squeeze the surface and is less likely to leave marks in the anodizing.

Bought a Spuhr 6002 at the PX for an awesome price! Bought the riser for it from MHS. I got a RAPTAR form the GB and wanted to be ready when it shows up.

I wish ARC had a solution as I loved my ARC rings but the SPUHR is rock solid on my AXMC.

Last edited:
Spuhr has 3 0029 options — A B and C.

The C is the lowest version, so if you’re not using a larger clip-on, like a PVS-27 or a UTC, get the lower profile “C” unit and do NOT use the Picatinny rail adapter included with the Raptar to keep things compact and looking slightly less freakish.

If you plan to run a clip-on, get the “B” variant that is about a 1/2-inch taller so it will clear the clip.

My Raptar-laden rig:
06FCCE5E-7AE9-4D71-B899-3F98FD250902.jpeg

I would go with the Spuhr. Their raptor claw is designed with big elevation turrets in mind. It's offset by an inch to allow room for your finger whilst rotating the elevation turret.

Nightforce RAP is one I have been using for a few years with zero issues and they are lighter than the other options

Spurh and it works perfectly with my CNVD-LR. When you have all that money on your weapon you want the most solid mount. Yep it cost about 5 bills from Mile High.

Gentlemen, any ideas for side mounting? Low profile, not the Wilcox high mount with throw lever, something like it was the original gen.1 Raptar rail. Can't find it anywhere...

Can you get an MLok pic riser and drill a STANAG hole?

Do you mind providing the Spuhr model numbers? I have gone a little crazy trying to figure out if they would work on my AI. I currently have an AI 34mm 20MOA on mine.
I use a Spuhr SP-6002 1.5" 0 MOA mount and the A-0029 riser rail. My MC has a 30 MOA rail so I don't need anymore cant from the mount. I think you would use the SP-4002 mount for a 34 mm scope body. They don't seem to make an equivalent 20 MOA mount but I would call Mile High and they can pick the correct one for you

Reactions: TheHorta
I use a Spuhr SP-6002 1.5" 0 MOA mount and the A-0029 riser rail. My MC has a 30 MOA rail so I don't need anymore cant from the mount. I think you would use the SP-4002 mount for a 34 mm scope body. They don't seem to make an equivalent 20 MOA mount but I would call Mile High and they can pick the correct one for you
I appreciate your time and reply. Im not certain that my top rail is exactly a picatinny. I have a Maverick 41.

I appreciate your time and reply. Im not certain that my top rail is exactly a picatinny. I have a Maverick 41.
I was able to confirm it is a picatinny mount. So odd that Spuhr makes mounts just for AI's and then picatinny ones. Makes it a little confusing.

I was able to confirm it is a picatinny mount. So odd that Spuhr makes mounts just for AI's and then picatinny ones. Makes it a little confusing.
I can’t say that I have ever seen an AI specific mount from Spuhr. Do you have a model number?

EDIT

I forgot that Spuhr made specific mounts for an AI dovetail rail. To the best of my knowledge these mounts are for older AI rifles and are not applicable to an AT, AXSA or MC rifles which all use picatinny rails

Last edited:
I can’t say that I have ever seen an AI specific mount from Spuhr. Do you have a model number?

EDIT

I forgot that Spuhr made specific mounts for an AI dovetail rail. To the best of my knowledge these mounts are for older AI rifles and are not applicable to an AT, AXSA or MC rifles which all use picatinny rails
I have an AE MKII also and was really confused when i seen the mounts from them for AI's. It has been a VERY long time since i have purchased a mount!