• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Work Out Drink for cardio, strength and plyo

NRAShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Instead of sipping water, I've been using XTend. Loaded with BCAA's and Citrulline. Tastes good and seems to help with recovery.

I find this drink helpful when doing cardio, strength and plyometric training. Not too good for endurance events like cycling and long distance running as there's no electrolytes.

So what do you all use? Looking for something which has no stims.

Re: Best Work Out Drink for cardio, strength and plyo

Plain old powdered Gatoraid in my nalgene bottles. Camelback too.

Kept me alive in 35c 95% humidity swamp exercise.

It also save my life once. I was having a really bad heat stroke. I was vomiting any water I was drinking. Someone gave me a Gatorade, and for some reason, I was able to keep it down. Saved my life. I was deep in the forest with little possibility of an airlift.

Since then, I put that shit in all my bottles!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kept me alive in 35c 95% humidity swamp exercise.</div></div>

I suspect not. When it gets hot, people tend to overestimate the relative humidity. A combination of that temperature and relative humidity would be very close to the highest dew point ever recorded of 95 degrees F, and that occurred in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, on the Persian Gulf.

It may be useful to note that as the temperature goes up with a given quantity of moisture in the air, the relative humidity goes down.

Personally, I've never recorded a dew point higher than 80 degrees, and that occurred at a time when the heat index was 130 degrees F. or 54.4 degrees C., with an actual air temperature of 107 degrees F. and 43 percent relative humidity. There was so much moisture in the air that two hours later, we had 5 inches of rain in one hour, recorded by a rain gauge.

Since we where in a swamp, it sure felt like it.
I never soaked myself like that without actually going in water. Just sitting was tirering and our sweat would not evaporate. Crazy canadian sumer...

But my point is, with plain water, I wonder how I would have fared. Because we still had to walk, run, climb with weapons, gear and a 50lbs pack.

i drink alkaline water when i workout, and through out the day...i dont believe all the hype, and dont have a clue if it actually makes a difference...but the system came with the house, so i use it...i think it taste good though..

bench

20grams BCAA's , 5 grams glutimine , 5 grams creatine mixed in 1.5 liters of water , start drinking 10'pre workout and sip through out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20grams BCAA's , 5 grams glutimine , 5 grams creatine mixed in 1.5 liters of water , start drinking 10'pre workout and sip through out </div></div>
i drink the same thing as soon as my workout is done, vith vitargo added for a carb source...then when i get home i drink another concoction for protein...

bench

Watch out how long you let creatine sit in a liquid before you drink it. I heard some creatine may start to decompose into creatinine if let alone too long. You might know other facts. Let me know if you do, I would be interested to find out what you know.

a big pill of "suck it up", and wash it down with a can of "hard"

I usually use a pre work out stim called, superpump by gaspari nutrition..

other than that, during work outs or long cardio (5+ miles runs or 2000yard swims) i dont drink anything.. Its a good mental training I learned during highschool and college wrestling days.. Having no water helps you if you ever get stranded 5 miles away from a gas station
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fokai_zach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a big pill of "suck it up", and wash it down with a can of "hard"

I usually use iphone4 cases a pre work out stim called, superpump by gaspari nutrition..

other than that, during work outs or long cardio (5+ miles runs or 2000yard swims) i dont drink anything.. Its a good mental training I learned during highschool iphone5 cases and college wrestling days.. Having no water helps you if you ever get stranded 5 miles away from a gas station
wink.gif

It may be useful to note that as the temperature goes up with a given quantity of moisture in the air, the relative humidity goes down.

Personally, I've never recorded a dew point higher than 80 degrees, and that occurred at a time when the heat index was 130 degrees F. or 54.4 degrees C., with an Moshi iphone 4 cases actual air temperature of 107 degrees F. and 43 percent relative humidity. There was so much moisture in the air that two hours later, we had 5 inches of rain in one hour, recorded by a rain gauge. </div></div>

i too have found xtend. great stuff.
2 scoops in the morning then 2 at night mixed creatine (and jack3d if lifting).
having great results.
Doesnt taste too bad either

EFS by First Endurance is good stuff, I prefer it over Gatorade. I will typically use gatorade over the winter and early spring, just because its cheaper and easier to get. Gatorade is everywhere, but EFS is usually only at specialty sports stores, bike shops, etc. or of course online. But EFS is what I use through long stuff in the summer, and in all my races.

www.firstendurance.com

I also use Xtend, but only as a recovery supplement.