• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Beta test our ballistic software

GeoffatBurris

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2018
Greetings! Geoff from Burris here.
We have version 2.0 of our ballistic software in beta, and I need some testers.

If you are interested, please let me know at [email protected].

I need about ten people. In return you get a hat, a 50% off any Burris certificate, and a 1-in-about-10 chance to get a pair of Burris binoculars.

The software is standard web-based ballistic app, flavored for Burris. Dope card, Reticle analysis, Eliminator program code generator.

The task is to use the software and write a report on the experience. If it crashes, tell me where and what system you were using. If the results seem wonky, let me know what parameters you entered. That sort of thing. You need to commit to about 2-3 hours, I'd guess.

THANKS!

Reactions: Bender
Do we have to use it with a burris optic, or can we use a different brand and still qualify? Thanks!

Do we have to use it with a burris optic, or can we use a different brand and still qualify? Thanks!

You don't have to actually go and shoot. The idea is that you put in your variables (altitude, cartridges, etc.) and then see how it falls on a Burris optic. We only provide Burris reticles, but that includes a Horus, etc. So I don't care what brand you actually own (well, I DO actually care, and you SHOULD buy a Burris or Steiner scope. But for this conversation, no it doesn't matter).

I'm more interested in testing the software than the actual results. IE, "it crashed when I clicked here" is more important to me right now than "I think a 6.5 creedmoor would actually fall 1/10 MOA more at that distance."

You don't have to actually go and shoot. The idea is that you put in your variables (altitude, cartridges, etc.) and then see how it falls on a Burris optic. We only provide Burris reticles, but that includes a Horus, etc. So I don't care what brand you actually own (well, I DO actually care, and you SHOULD buy a Burris or Steiner scope. But for this conversation, no it doesn't matter).
Awesome. I'll send you an email.

Hello again!

Getting more uptake here than expected. I think I have ten people now, however, I'll do a random drawing for the folks. I want to let people who don't check this site during the day have a chance.

I can also open it up to more than ten people, except I'll run out of reward budget. Let me come up with a solution for that.

THANK YOU!
Sorry for the delayed response. I kinda got the horse in front of the cart for a bit there.

I have sent email to the 17 people participating.

This is really awesome, to have an active community of serious shooters that I can reach out to like this.

I'm more interested in testing the software than the actual results. IE, "it crashed when I clicked here" is more important to me right now than "I think a 6.5 creedmoor would actually fall 1/10 MOA more at that distance."

Will the new software allow for a scope height of more than 3.0 inches? I don’t understand why that was the limit in the current version. If you mount an XTR II Scope on a Scar 17 using a standard 1.5” mount you end up with about a 3.5” Scope height.