• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Better Annealeez torch?

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
I recently posted on an older thread that was quite lengthy describing all sorts of updates to the Annealeez annealing machine. I'm relatively happy with mine but I wish I could find a torch that put out a finer, more concentrated flame than the stock one. Is anyone using a torch they can recommend?

Try this, it seems to work well. This guy has several videos on the Annealeez if you are interested.

Rick

Try this, it seems to work well. This guy has several videos on the Annealeez if you are interested.

Rick

Unfortunately, Amazon seems to have pulled a switeroo on that torch. The one pictured under MT200C isn't the same one that the guy bought. They substituted another one that doesn't work nearly as well. It performs about or worse than the stock one, or at least that's what the comments on that video say.

Look here's something simple to try.
Are you unhappy with your current torch?
Drill 2 more holes in it and try it
Keep enlarging said holes until you get the desired result.
To be honest you don't need to spend money on a regulator and a new torch unless it quit working.
Air to fuel ratio will help you more than spending $60 on a new torch.
Unles you have the first version unit the torch they are talking about isn't like the one you have.
I answered your question in the other thread,Home Depot only sells 2 manual torches that will work with your unit because the other ones are to long.
One torch is under $15 and the other over $20.
Amazon is not playing switcheroo on anyone,the torches are discontinued (look at the date)

Last edited:
Reactions: Birddog6424
Look here's something simple to try.
Are you unhappy with your current torch?
Drill 2 more holes in it and try it
Keep enlarging said holes until you get the desired result.
To be honest you don't need to spend money on a regulator and a new torch unless it quit working.
Air to fuel ratio will help you more than spending $60 on a new torch.
Unles you have the first version unit the torch they are talking about isn't like the one you have.
I answered your question in the other thread,Home Depot only sells 2 manual torches that will work with your unit because the other ones are to long.
One torch is under $15 and the other over $20.
Amazon is not playing switcheroo on anyone,the torches are discontinued (look at the date)
OK, that seems reasonable. I'm definitely not spending money on a regulator.