• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Better be super fast if you want ammo

Frankr

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
WEST
Holy shit. I’ve been waiting for Killough shooting sports to get in some of there midgrade ammo to buy to have on hand with my kids.

Not a big deal because I have enough for now but I’ve been waiting for a month for it to get in and kept refreshing my phone all day today to buy some and their website crashed and all the ammo was bought up.

Now I don’t know how many people bought up the ammo. It could have been a ton of random dudes waiting but I think it was vendors and neck beards trying to buy it all out so they can resell it.

Seems like ammo shortage and neck bearding of 2008 all over again.

Moral of the story is to be lucky and fast to get some ammo.

Sorry for the rant

KOD - didn’t figure it would be anyone here on the hide. My gut says it’s resellers not guys stashing it to use it.

I’m all for guys buying ammo and guns. The more the merrier but hell I never buy out the whole damn shelf.

Kind of like toilet paper this year, take a single bundle and leave some for the rest. Not the guy buying it all out to mark it up on eBay

I’m no beard but I’m good for a couple of years unless something happens to my powder. I’ve got several hundred rounds of factory stuff for formed brass as my brass go’s. I wanted to pick up a few more boxes of 223, 6.5cm, and 308 but I guess that’s wishful thinking. Good luck guys and happy holidays to you and yours

Reactions: Frankr
Ammo is out there,but it's not in volume and it doesn't last long. In the last two weeks I've purchased a brick of Midas plus from Good Shooting (fast shipping! ) a brick of mid grade Eley from Grafs and Sons (they are 40 miles away but will take two weeks to get here-no pick up allowed), and today I purchased 5 boxes of Tennex from Midway USA. (picked it up, they're 20 miles away).
I'm not a hoarder or reseller, I just don't like to shoot what I can't replace. I will be buying more from Good Shooting. Even with freight their prices were cheaper than the other two.

I remember going to a gun show during the last shortage and they were asking $180.00 for a 500 count of the cheap stuff. :mad:
I would never shoot again before I would pay that kind of price for Thunderbolts and other crap ammo. (n)
Thank the Lord for Archery and Fly Fishing during times like this. (y)

IF things go bak to the norm like they have in past yrs, skip the mindset of buying bricks of 22 ammo. Think case’s. It piles up pretty quik that way. I look at my case’s of CCI SV that I bought on no reserve auctions on GB. Cheapest was bought at $220/cs landed. Hav cs Rem TB that was bought at $125

IF things go bak to the norm like they have in past yrs, skip the mindset of buying bricks of 22 ammo. Think case’s. It piles up pretty quik that way. I look at my case’s of CCI SV that I bought on no reserve auctions on GB. Cheapest was bought at $220/cs landed. Hav cs Rem TB that was bought at $125

yeah I only bought 1 case last summer and am kicking myself for not buying 2-3 more

Yeah, I've been able to get a few bricks of SK and Wolf match by being quick. Paid a bit over normal prices but should have enough to get my boy and I through 2021 practice and rimfire matches!