• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Better Day With CZ 457 And SK

Azshooter1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2024
Arizona
457 cz Ben Avery 0507 24 1.jpeg

Over the past few months I've been trying different ammo in my CZ 457 22lr Varmint. I was getting discouraged in it's ability to shoot tight groups until yesterday. I tried SK ammo and things came together quite well.

My best group was with SK Standard Plus but I also had some good groups with SK Pistol and Rifle Match. SK Semi Auto worked well a week ago but not so much yesterday so more testing will be done.

Steven

Reactions: linedrive301ft
Glad you found something that works. What distances are you shooting at? Are the groups stringing vertically or horizontally?

I am seeing Vertical on a lot of these. I would start shifting the donut location to see if that reduces it.

Reactions: Azshooter1
Just remember YMMV from lot to lot, even within the same ammo type. If you find a lot your rifle likes, I would go try and buy as much of that lot as you can. I've found my 457 is pretty consistent with SKRM from lot to lot, just have to slightly change my zero .1 MIL or so when changing to a new lot. Would also give Eley a try!

I have 2 CZ 457's one is a stock MTR the other is a custom with Lilja Barrel and Vission chassis. Both shoot SK Rifle Match very well. They also shoot Lapua Center X very well. I have tried multiple lots of Eley Tenex and Match Rifle and neither will shoot with a shit in either CZ. Here is a target I shot yesterday in a 2-4 mph wind at 50 yards with Center X off a bipod and bag.

IMG_0571 (1).jpg

That's some nice shooting. Keep it up.

I haven't tried Center X yet. I've got a box of it to test when I get used to my 457 Varmint.