• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Better glass

Mark 5 has better resolution in a sample ratio of 1:1 on my end. The Cronus isn't bad. It tracks really well.

No experience with the Mark 5, but I did a resolution / clarity test a few weeks ago with a new Cronus BTR, Bushnell XRS2, Vortex Razor Gen2.
Results played out in that order; Razor was / is pretty disappointing - clarity wise.
Test was on 2 different eye charts at 330 yards. My buddy could read the 4th lines with the Cronus BTR, XRS2 was just slightly behind it. Those 2 scopes were set to 27x so magnification would be equal between all 3 scopes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Great choice! I love Leupold. Have a lot of their low end scopes on my hunting rifles. Love to get a nicer model one day!

Results played out in that order; Razor was / is pretty disappointing - clarity wise.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Vortex isn't the most clear. Where they shine is in the features and benefits like warranty. My Cronus BTR is clear but I can't get over the thick reticle lines. The RZR wins hands down in the reticle design.

Reactions: smoooth1
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Vortex isn't the most clear. Where they shine is in the features and benefits like warranty. My Cronus BTR is clear but I can't get over the thick reticle lines. The RZR wins hands down in the reticle design.
The subtensions show the reticles the same thickness compared to each other at. .03 mils. I had a cronus btr for a short time and they seemed similar. I prefer everything about the razor other than the way it zeroes. I love the simplicity of the Cronus turrets. Much better.