• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Better short range clip on than RH25?

mikefraz

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2013
I have a compact ACOG (1.5x magnification) that I’m wanting to be able to pair with a short range thermal clip-on. I’ve seen more than one person use an RH25 in front of it with really good results. I’m very confident that I would be satisfied with the performance that the RH25 has to offer.

With that being said, I have no plans to ever helmet mount it or to use it as a standalone thermal scope. I would either use it as a handheld scanner or as a clip-on. I also realize that what usually makes a good clip-on also makes a crappy handheld scanner, but it appears that the RH25 handles both fairly well.

Is there anything else out there that costs less than the RH25 that still gives me comparable performance? I see the Pulsar Krypton 2 that’s due out this year is a clip-on first, but comes with a 3x monocular adapter for scanning. It costs about the same as the RH25 and seems like it’s a little more clunky to go back and forth. Is there anything else I’m over looking?

The Armasight Jockey 640 comes to mind at around $4k.

RH25 is a good product too. We sell quite a few for the exact reasons you posted. It does fairly well in most categories -- El Camino.
Any update on when the Jockey and Sidekick is going to be released?

Reactions: mikefraz
The Armasight Jockey 640 comes to mind at around $4k.

RH25 is a good product too. We sell quite a few for the exact reasons you posted. It does fairly well in most categories -- El Camino.
I see that these aren’t released yet. Have you gotten your hands on one to test? If so, how is the performance compared to the RH25? Does the Jockey have a Risley prism or is Armasight just blowing smoke up our butts with the “no additional zeroing required” wording?

Any update on when the Jockey and Sidekick is going to be released?
May. Getting restless myself :)

I see that these aren’t released yet. Have you gotten your hands on one to test? If so, how is the performance compared to the RH25? Does the Jockey have a Risley prism or is Armasight just blowing smoke up our butts with the “no additional zeroing required” wording?
Will confirm as soon as they hit our shelves.

Super Yoter-C could be used short or long-range and can be picatinny mounted for the ACOG.

Reactions: mikefraz
Bumping this thread. I’m getting more interested in the StingIR 640, but didn’t see a thread about the StingIR 640 like the RH25 thread. Does anyone have any hands on time with both the StingIR 640 and the RH25 that can give a comparison or maybe show some comparison pictures?