• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Better stock for Savage Model 12

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
A few years back I bought a Savage Model 12 in 6.5 Creedmoor on a sale at Cabalas and at the same time Vista Outdoors was running a rebate thing too so I got a nice Hebrew Deal on the rifle. I ended up paying less than $200 OTD so it has been a few years.
The rifle shoots great, better than I expected, but that Promo Plastic stock sucks to say the least and I would like to get a different stock for it.
The S/N on the rifle is K 77710X as I guess you aren't susposed to put too much info out as to S/N for some reason, Glowies I would guess?, but the last number is 5 in case it makes a difference.
I don't want to go as far as a fine chassis but would like to have a better quality synthetic sturdy stock, preferably mag fed but blind mag as it came with is OK too.
Do any of you have any suggestions for me or have done this same thing yourselves?
Thank you in advance for your time. Regards, FM

Thank you Gents, I ordered from Boyd's. Hope it gets here soon. I really didn't want to spend too much on a backup and think I will be happy with this. FM