• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Better valve clip on for 3k: nv vs thermal

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
I originally had intended to snag either a steiner c35 or swarovski tm35, both of which are msrp 5k but deals place them sub 3k.

For 100-300 yards, at the 3k price point, what would offer the best image clarity? A clip on NV like AGM or one of the thermals above?

As listed in my other thread this is for a trg22 with a march 4.5-27x52 scope, and will be used for pig (in woods) and coyote (open field).

The only $3K clip on I’d touch would be a Simrad. Good inline NV clip ons start at twice your budget and good thermal clip ons start at triple.

I think I answered my own question tonight. I had a deer in the field at 200 yards.

Currently I have a sightmark wraith 2-16 on a rifle and an atm thermal spotter. They are very close in cost. The NV can clearly identify the deer as a deer, whereas the thermal spotter is just some pixel blobs.

Now the steiner and swarovski are much high resolution than my agm spotter but I'm guessing the same 3k in NV will neat 3k in thermals.