• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Betty White. She gone

Damn!

My MIL is having some dementia issues.

This past week she has had this idea that Betty and Allen Ludden are her friends and they talk and hang out of n her bedroom.

It's been kind of bizarre but she is committed to it telling us she has to get home to see "her friends".

Just warned the wife to not let her watch the news.......

Last edited:
I know she was popular for outspoken comments used in internet memes, but other than "golden girls", what did she do?

I don't have any bias against her, but I've never seen her and don't get the fandom.

I know she was popular for outspoken comments used in internet memes, but other than "golden girls", what did she do?

I don't have any bias against her, but I've never seen her and don't get the fandom.
History for most people begins the year they’re born … she did more before Golden Girls was filmed in the 90s than most people do their entire lives.

Well, let’s see now. You’ve never seen her and have no idea of her work and you don’t get that others, who have seen her and appreciate her are fans. You’re not that bright now, are you?

The other "actors" in golden girls dragged her down.

She was one funny gal.
She will never have a replacement.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9

She has been big since the 40s.

Betty and Allen Ludden were good clean comedy from the era when people got together and socialized in person not via a keyboard.

Copied from Disgruntled Vets on Facebook.

Today we say goodbye to an absolute legend. Betty White passed away at 99 years old.

When World War II broke out, she put her career on hold and volunteered for the American Women's Voluntary Services. Her assignment included the transportation of military supplies through California.

From her acting career, her service to our country, and all of the work she has done for veterans and service members around the world, she was truly larger than life.

RIP Ma'am.
FB_IMG_1640992593380.jpg

Isn't her death biblical? Like one of the 7 seals or something? I jest but bless her, she seemed like a sweet funny lady. Hopefully this isn't a predictor of the year to come

Lake placid. “ this is the part where i tell you to suck my dick””!!
My first memory of her other than Rose

Thx. I was asking for information, not criticism.
I didn't grow up here, didn't have any TV until the 80's, and haven't watched it here since around 2000.
She actually got her start in Radio, that’s how far 99 years back takes you. Had her own show for a while but I believe also did some work with George Burns and Lucille Ball (before TV). Also did stand up. She was quite the amazing woman playing the ditz nearly her whole career but actually quite the opposite as a real person.

RIP.

Betty was such a beautiful woman.........from her young years, until today when she died..........never afraid to speak her mind.........there was no one, and will probably never will be another woman that was not only beautiful, talented , and willing to say just what she was thinking............it didn't matter.....she didn't care..............one of a kind.....RIP............thank you........

Betty was such a beautiful woman.........from her young years, until today when she died..........never afraid to speak her mind.........there was no one, and will probably never will be another woman that was not only beautiful, talented , and willing to say just what she was thinking............it didn't matter.....she didn't care..............one of a kind.....RIP............thank you........
And she said it with grace and style… she could be cutting, but always made you laugh about it. None of the bitterness and acrimony so prevalent today.

Passing of an icon…and an era.

Reactions: lash and tomcatmv
Thx. I was asking for information, not criticism.

She actually got her start in Radio, that’s how far 99 years back takes you. Had her own show for a while but I believe also did some work with George Burns and Lucille Ball (before TV). Also did stand up. She was quite the amazing woman playing the ditz nearly her whole career but actually quite the opposite as a real person.

RIP.
Thank you

When I was a kid, we sat around a radio. There was a Michael Cain show we listened to, seemed like every night.

I was forced to give the news to my wife about this today...made her very sad. Betty White is legend. She was both hilarious and class through and through. Like many here have noticed, they don't make 'em much like her anymore. She will be missed.

Reactions: lash and Snuby642
I was forced to give the news to my wife about this today...made her very sad. Betty White is legend. She was both hilarious and class through and through. Like many here have noticed, they don't make 'em much like her anymore. She will be missed.

My wife has Mileys new years party on and I'm just watching it going wtf the whole time. RIP Betty White.

You know how I know you're about 19-ish years old?

Reactions: lash
2021 the year that keeps on taking all the way down to the final day. Very sad she didn't make it to 100, but then again most of us won't either. May she RIP and many thanks for the decades of service she did for the entertainment world. My household will issue a tribute to her life at midnight.

Reactions: lash and 91Eunozs
She was class, even when being a little naughty. Someone women should look up to.

my condolences for the family she had a hell of a run and nothing last forever hell I'm just hoping and praying for the luck to make it to 65 , god bless her .

God Speed Betty ! You were a Jewel and a national treasure !