• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback BEWARE of jcm151 Says Banned but still can send PM

Had him approach me also earlier this week, mods didn’t agree with my report bc he was a site supporter but glad they got him now

Since when are WTB posts allowed again? (Regarding HMFIC's post a while back saying NO MORE.)
RIGHT HERE PLAIN AS DAY
WTB ads are fertilizer for scammers that nobody needs!!

Since people don't read the rules/Lowlight Directives and apparently they can't turn on just that category of PX posts.

No mention there. WTB Tag still exists. Until those are changed, it's not banned. Still a bad idea, but not explicitly against the rules. That post that keeps being quoted isn't a rule change, it's a very strong recommendation to avoid scammers

Ok, not in that Rules post from 2021, but please read this and see if it strikes you as being optional.

Thread 'Absolutely Stop Posting WTB Posts'
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/absolutely-stop-posting-wtb-posts.7169583/
Doesn't matter.

If the actual site rules arent updated and the WTB tag is still available as a drop down (and as afar as i know, no one's being banned for posting WTBs in the PX), folks are still going to do it. The problem isnt necessarily the WTB post itself, the problem is the huge number of people posting them, a sizable fraction have little to no common sense when it comes to spotting and dealing with scammers.

These are the same type of idiots that start threads asking if some sketchball ammo or reloading supplies website like "Goatfuckers Ammo Depot" who only takes Zelle and Bitcoin and has unobtainum of every description showing as "In Stock" is legit or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brym427 and lash
Ok, not in that Rules post from 2021, but please read this and see if it strikes you as being optional.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/absolutely-stop-posting-wtb-posts.7169583/
I've read it probably a dozen times now. Yes it does strike me as optional. Unless I missed it, there's nothing that says "WTB ads are now against the rules, you will be banned for posting them." Just a lot of very strong recommendations against doing it and warnings to do so at your own risk.

Reactions: lash

You know not everyone reads every post in the Lowlight directives. And as far as I know, it’s not required to read them. I mean they probably should be read, but I doubt many users even knows it exists or what it means. The main reason most people know that WTB ads are not allowed is from people posting them and then people getting all bent out of shape letting them know

Doesn't matter.

If the actual site rules arent updated and the WTB tag is still available as a drop down (and as afar as i know, no one's being banned for posting WTBs in the PX), folks are still going to do it. The problem isnt necessarily the WTB post itself, the problem is the huge number of people posting them, a sizable fraction have little to no common sense when it comes to spotting and dealing with scammers.

These are the same type of idiots that start threads asking if some sketchball ammo or reloading supplies website like "Goatfuckers Ammo Depot" who only takes Zelle and Bitcoin and has unobtainum of every description showing as "In Stock" is legit or not.
Well, I do agree that it’s not in the formal rules post, and I agree that the drop down for WTB is still there, and I also agree that our membership does include fucking imbeciles who wear the virtual tag on their back that says “Rob Me”.

As for it not mattering….perhaps send Frank report on how you were scammed on a WTB ad and see if he gives a shit about which post his admonishment was placed in.

This seems fairly clear to me

You all need to immediately stop posting WTB Posts regardless of where you post them

Last edited:
I've read it probably a dozen times now. Yes it does strike me as optional. Unless I missed it, there's nothing that says "WTB ads are now against the rules, you will be banned for posting them." Just a lot of very strong recommendations against doing it and warnings to do so at your own risk.
You should go right ahead and post WTB ads. And if you get scammed, be sure to bitch to Frank about it and tell him his statement (which I quoted above) is optional and he needs to do something about your situation. And be sure to tell him that since it wasn’t in the “rules” post that he can’t ban you for being a fucking retard.

Me, I really don’t give fuck what you do. Carry on.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Well, I do agree that it’s not in the formal rules post, and I agree that the drop down for WTB is still there, and I also agree that our membership does include fucking imbeciles who wear the virtual tag on their back that says “Rob Me”.

As for it not mattering….perhaps send Frank report on how you were scammed on a WTB ad and see if he gives a shot about which post his admonishment was placed in.

This seems fairly clear to me
Yea it still doesnt matter. I dont get scammed so no reason for me to send any reports. Nor do i actively post WTBs. Nothing you have said is going to change anything.

Once its in the actual rules and consequences for breaking them, you'll see the WTBs drop.

Until then, it doesn't matter.

You should go right ahead and post WTB ads. And if you get scammed, be sure to bitch to Frank about it and tell him his statement (which I quoted above) is optional and he needs to do something about your situation. And be sure to tell him that since it wasn’t in the “rules” post that he can’t ban you for being a fucking retard.

Why are you getting so emotional about this issue?

No one is attacking, berating or marginalizing you, at least not that I can see. I'm certainly not. Just giving you a different take...def not worth getting upset about, that's for sure.

Why not let the MODS worry about the rules.
If someone is driving faster then the speed limit do you whine to them that they are breaking the law.

1694394539814.jpeg

Why not let the MODS worry about the rules.
If someone is driving faster then the speed limit do you whine to them that they are breaking the law.
Yep. Just hit the report button if you see something suspect and that's it.

Reactions: RC556

Dude, chill out. You may not give a shit but it sure seems like you do.

Reactions: dlouie87
Looks like he has highjacked another user. cal44 now. Beware!!!
How do you know?

As for WTB ads, Frank was clear in that he doesn't want them to be posted as they are scammer chum. You want to post one and get scammed then don't come running to us crying. You asked for it. You were warned and still did it and took your chances. We will probably ban the member but that's it. You are out your money.

I got another PM from cal44 with the same photos as the other guy. To be clear I never ran crying to anyone. I was letting guys know the guy was scamming.

Opened this post back up to straighten something out. Never said you were crying @onpoint , That was a seperate paragraph to everyone reading this but something has to be said about your answer. Did you report it? You have been here 14 years and should know how to make a report by now. If you have issues report it. That simple.

How do you know?

As for WTB ads, Frank was clear in that he doesn't want them to be posted as they are scammer chum. You want to post one and get scammed then don't come running to us crying. You asked for it. You were warned and still did it and took your chances. We will probably ban the member but that's it. You are out your money.

BUT you will edit a funny response to a WTB ad because of idiots crying and hitting the report button.
And leave the WTB ad up.

Interdasting……

BUT you will edit a funny response to a WTB ad because of idiots crying and hitting the report button.
And leave the WTB ad up.

Interdasting……

If a response is just stirring shit then yes as with any such posts in the PX but again if they want to leave them up and get scammed then that's on them for being idiots.

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
Doesn't matter.

You couldn't be more correct. Its really not that hard to not get scammed

Reactions: nn8734