• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beyers barrel. What’s your experience with them?

BlackdogGS

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2019
I’ve been very unhappy with my new CMMG barrel I bought for my dedicated AR .22LR build. I sent it back a couple of months ago and by the looks of it it could be a few more weeks or months before I get a replacement. I’m now thinking of getting a new custom barrel made so I can get operational again. The fact that their steel lined aluminum barrels is a plus as I want a featherweigh. What’s your experience with them?

Was in contact with the owner several times over about six months either ordering and/or verifying that order. He assured me that the I was in the production queue but ended up never following through with making me a barrel. Gave up on the guy and on the project.
Take a look at Keystone Accuracy (https://keystoneaccuracy.com/ar22/). You'll have to mod your CMMG bolt group so takedown/re-assembly will be slightly more complicated (since the bolt carrier no longer locks onto the barrel tenon).

Edit: Missed where you wanted a lightweight barrel.
I've had one of these for years now: https://www.righttobear.com/rtb-16-inch-22lr-lightweight-pencil-barrel-rtb22lr16lw/
Finish is good and it shoots well enough. Not sure who's making them.

Last edited:
My experience has been great. I've called and ordered twice from him. AR22 and 10/22 barrels.

Got one off a member here.

Only taken it out once so far.

Shoots almost with my kidd barreled 10/22 at 50 yards.

Only used some Eley contact ammo. Need to test out different ammo.

Sad thing is it shot best resting in the magazine but that caused extraction issues.

Supposedly CCI SV always shoot well in his chambers but I haven’t tested it.

Need to get some match ammo and test it out.

I'm using one, in 17HM2 on my PWS T3 Summit.
Prior to fitting the barrel, I put it in the freezer for a couple of days, and all it needed was some hand pressure to fit it to the receiver.
So far, have no problem printing groups of, 1/2" and less, 5 rounds at 100 yards, when I do my part.

Reactions: Frankr