• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beyers Barrels - Semi Auto .22 AR15s

SirDrinksAlot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2012
TX
I've been tinkering with the idea of building a precision .22 AR15. My wife really likes shooting semi-autos and in an effort to get her to shoot more competitions with me I tried to build an SPR like .22lr for NRL.

I found a guy who makes aluminum .22 barrels, his company is Beyer Barrels and makes barrels for 10/22s, 77/22, and AR15s (.22lr only). Talked to him on the phone to order a barrel a few months ago (turns out he's a former coastie like me) and placed an order. Got the barrel in a few weeks ago, installed it, and finally got around to taking some photos.

IMG_4039[6039].jpg

18" SPR Beyer Barrel 1-16 twist
Aero Precision 15" Handguards
Aero Precision upper w/o FA
PSA Lower
Geissele 2 Stage Trigger
B5 Sopmod Stock
Burris XTRIII 3.3-18x SCR2
Atlas BT10
Weight: Unloaded 9lbs 1 oz.

All targets were shot at 50 yards.

10 Shot group with cold bore shot

Jerrie Group First shots.jpg

2nd ten shot group
Jerrie Group #1.jpg

5shot group.jpg

3 Shot group

All photos are of my wife's shooting and shot with Eley Contact. I'm very impressed with how the rifle shoots and handles. There's been an increase in the amount of off-hand shooting at my local NRL matches and my V-22 weighs almost twice as much as this rifle.

I'm going to take it to the 100 yard range next and see it groups a little farther out. Next competition is this Sunday (depending on weather) and i'm very excited to see how she does at her first match.

Early on with this barrel, but I've got nothing but good things to say about Beyers Barrels.

Reactions: Austan and Krob95
Very cool. I have been wanting to build something like that with some spare parts that I have around and the Beyers has been near the top of my list for a barrel. The only thing holding me back is it will get used for NRL/PRS type matches and I prefer a little more weight, I wish he did a steel version.

I have a 16" one. Always shot great but the chamber was reamed a little rough and it would have extraction problems unless it was perfectly clean. I opted to flitz the chamber and clean it up myself vs sending it back after scoping it over a year after I bought it. I wish he would do an all steel version for a little more weight.