• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beyond 1,000yd shooting in West Central PA?

Eaglearcher20

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2018
Johnstown, PA 15905
Anyone know of ranges to shoot beyond 1,000yd in West Central PA Johnstown, Altoona area? I have no problem driving a bit. Currently I’m a member at Mifflin County Sportsmens where I can shoot 1,000yd. Would like to stretch my 300WM and possibly 6.5 further. Seems like ranges beyond 500yd are few around me.

No super close but Thunder valley precision is around 4 hours I’d say. It goes out to a mile. It has 1100 and 1200 yard targets also
I’ve seen this place mentioned a few other places. It is 3hr away for me which seems well worth it. I’m planning a trip in July as we speak, lol. $30 per person with no membership on “Open range” days is awesome.

I am in the Altoona area. We have a place that we shoot 2000+ yards. It's hard to find time to go sometimes but if you want to stretch things out just shoot me a PM.

Oh, and I am a member at a 1K range that is a lot closer (and nicer) than Mifflin....

not sure if any of these places are still running or not but there was another in pa showing could be close enough to you to help

Where, im from Vinco(close to ebensburg) I've got a .338lm and barrett .50 I haven't been able to shoot since moving to PA a couple yrs ago

readerange.org Probably about an hour from you but they don't allow .50's. They are a bit selective with their members but really all you have to do is shoot a couple matches and you're in.

I’m actually planning my first trip to Thunder Valley next week as I’m off work for the week.

You'll love it. Range has been pretty empty M-F for me -- had the whole thing to myself last week in the afternoon. Just make sure you double check the schedule on their website before traveling, it's updated daily.