• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BEYOND 1000 yards is the name of this forum

Huckleberry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2003
B'ham, Al.
Guys,
The forum is "Beyond 1000 yards". Please quit posting threads like "shooting to 1000 yards with a 23" barrel", "why no Rugers", etc. There are other places for these comments.

Thanks

Re: BEYOND 1000 yards is the name of this forum

I don't post a lot, but this thread seems like a huge waste. Never mind whether the Ruger thread belongs here or not, it did generate some interesting dialog.

So does 1000 yds count?

It should be "1000 yds and beyond"
laugh.gif

Huckleberry is absolutely right though!!

Ponder this---You don't post questions about optics in the reloading section do you? You don't post rifle stock questions in the pistol section do you?

All he is asking is a little respect for the same to be done here.

Thanks

smile.gif
Stay within the lines, the lines are your friends? Just kidding, I get it.

Trig

Small target is easier to see at 1200 than holes in paper!
Trust your spotter. 308 will do, don't believe what you read.
How far do you want to go?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,
The forum is "Beyond 1000 yards". Please quit posting threads like "shooting to 1000 yards with a 23" barrel", "why no Rugers", etc. There are other places for these comments.

Thanks </div></div>

Your post has nothing to do with anything beyond a 1000 or even shooting. Where should your post really go? Hmmm?

Some of us are wallowing in Mittyish anticipation. Some of us need to learn what's what so we can be gonnabees. Some of us are true, by God, dyed in the wool more than 1000 yard shooters who realize that if the ranks are to grow, they must put up with less than their experience.
Bottom line. You don't like the heading or content or direction of a thread, just say no and go to the next one.

Shit! I forgot.
I once shot up a hooch beyond tracer burn out.
Does that qualify?

A lot of us on this site don't have the money for a Chey-Tac,Barrett,GAP,etc.,never mind the huge cost of optics and reloading components/match grade ammo.But,we still would like to play and improve our skills.Every 1000 yard plus shooter had to start somewhere.I improve my equipment by purchasing quality stuff that will have a resale value,saving money and upgrading as I can afford to_Oldtimers slapping newbies down is not going to generate enthusiasm for the sport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of us on this site don't have the money for a Chey-Tac,Barrett,GAP,etc.,never mind the huge cost of optics and reloading components/match grade ammo.But,we still would like to play and improve our skills.Every 1000 yard plus shooter had to start somewhere.I improve my equipment by purchasing quality stuff that will have a resale value,saving money and upgrading as I can afford to_Oldtimers slapping newbies down is not going to generate enthusiasm for the sport.

Could not agree more, no one is trying to slap any newbie.
I have been fortunate to get a lot of good advice here and have worked up to a 375 after approx 20 years.
Your doing the right thing in gettting quality items.
Let me know if there is anything I might be able to help with
Bill

</div></div>

Thanks Bill,well,I'm practicing what I preach,my Leoupold LR/T is getting shipped out on Tuesday,I'm buying my first Nightforce Next week.Been working on the wetside,and trying to get any Trigger Time in at long range is a bitch around Seattle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

Thanks</div></div>

I believe the post about Rugers is why do you not see them in long range competition. That means up to and beyond 1000 yds.

I suggest if you have a problem with a thread, ask the moderator to move it. Most have been related. Remember, before we went past 1000 we shot at 1000...and before that...

Thanks </div></div>

What a retarded post. This should be moved to the trash.

threads like these are useful in the fact that you have a member pointing out an obvious goof on most peoples parts.... like talking about nothing relevant to 1000 yards and beyond shooting. Most people come in here to try and start some shit or bash the poster for saying what a lot of us dedicated ELR shooters are all about. So if you dont have anything to contribute go click on over to something else.

Threads like this also point out the turds thats want to come into a topic and start running their internet mouths with their smartass comments. Stop trying to be the funny guy and take some of this in and apply it.

so i should move my 1000 yard target to 1001 yards to make sure i am able to post my experiences and questions relating to it here in this forum.

I will make it happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HBARLeatherneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so i should move my 1000 yard target to 1001 yards to make sure i am able to post my experiences and questions relating to it here in this forum.

I will make it happen. </div></div>

You have it all wrong, dont move your target bakc just scoot back 1 yard....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

Thanks</div></div>

I believe the post about Rugers is why do you not see them in long range competition. That means up to and beyond 1000 yds.

I suggest if you have a problem with a thread, ask the moderator to move it. Most have been related. Remember, before we went past 1000 we shot at 1000...and before that... </div></div>

...I was especialy interested in "Why no Rugers ?" as I rather like Rugers...

...I was considering buying a Ruger "Target Grey" M77 rifle in 6.5 Creedmore...

...for what it's worth, I feel that the best way do deal with a thread that bothers you is to not open it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 99HMC4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HBARLeatherneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so i should move my 1000 yard target to 1001 yards to make sure i am able to post my experiences and questions relating to it here in this forum.

smile.gif
</div></div>

you couldnt post this right after i said i was going to move my 1000 yard target? you wait several hours. do you know how much work it was to move my target? when i could have just moved back a yard? thanks for nothing..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HBARLeatherneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 99HMC4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HBARLeatherneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so i should move my 1000 yard target to 1001 yards to make sure i am able to post my experiences and questions relating to it here in this forum.

smile.gif
</div></div>

you couldnt post this right after i said i was going to move my 1000 yard target? you wait several hours. do you know how much work it was to move my target? when i could have just moved back a yard? thanks for nothing.. </div></div>

Chill out HBAR,this is why we appreciate the Marines,they get the job done,Be Proud!!!