• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BGTC Precision Rifle Match [Bham, AL] 2014 Schedule and Format

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
First I want to say thank you for continuing to show up and participte in the match. In 2014 the match will continue along the lines of this year's format. There will be some improvements and new elements added as we are fortunate to have some great range h improvements in the works that should be completed by the end of 2013.

In 2014, we will run the match as a "club series". There will be 7 matches and shooter results will be tracked and posted throughout the match season. There will be a "winner" of the 2014 series who will receive a prize of monetary value as well as a plaque proclaiming the winner the best of 2014. The one proviso regarding the competition is that to be the eligible to be the series "winner" [to qualify for that award] you have to shoot at least 3 of the 7 matches throughout 2014. The series standings for the competition will be comprised of the total of each shooter's best three scores during the season. I will compile the scores as the season unfolds and send out that information after each match along with the results of each individual match.

The match fee next year will be $25.00. Several thousand dollars were invested in range h this year to improve the facility for all of us, members and non members alike, and this small increase in the match fee will help to defer those improvement expenses as well as fund the series winner's prize and plaque.

Here is the schedule for 2014, as before it is always on the second saturday of the month and always on Range H. Non match dates as noted below will be Range H open practice days, except for November 2014 which will be our annual Toys For Tots Charity Shoot. Here is the schedule:

#1-2/8/14
[Range H open practice day will be held on 3/8/14]
#2-4/12/14
#3-5/10/14
#4-6/14/14
#5-7/12/14
[Range H open practice day will be held on 8/9/14]
#6-9/13/14
#7-10/11/14
[Toys For Tots Charity Shoot will be held on 11/8/14]
[Range H open practice day will be held on 12/13/14, depending on the weather]

As always, I will send out the email/post on snipershide asking who wants to shoot about 3 weeks before each match date, [with the first match on February 8, 2014]. Again, thanks for your participation this year and we hope to have you back in 2014.

Larry

Last edited:
Sending in my application in this week.
Hopefully I can make it to more matches.

Are we having a match this month Larry as normal? If so put me on the list. I will also try to attend all of the matches in 2014. You should have me on the mailing list but its [email protected] and my name is Zac Smith. I'm a member and RO at BGTC so I can help if it is needed, I'm also located less than 5 minutes from the gate

hi zak, no match this month,i take dec and january off so we start up gain in february, glad to add you o the email list and thanks for your interest

hi zak, no match this month,i take dec and january off so we start up gain in february, glad to add you o the email list and thanks for your interest

Ok Good deal. I should be on the list already and I'm looking forward to 2014's matches! Should be able to make some great courses with what we have done nothing H range here lately! Well I didn't do much bud did cut the holes and doors in the container. Oh and make sure to send me the cof info about a week before the matches so I can go get some practice in. just kidding :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

you need to either 1. go to an open range day on h and have the match director run you through the process or 2. email me info about your rifle/scope, ammo, ballistic data of the gun you intend to shoot out to 720 yds and info on your long range shooting experience and depending on that you may be able to qualify at the next match

Sliding down that fireman's pole isn't going to feel good in 25* temps. I thought it was only the wimmins who had to qualify naked :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk