• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses BHTC 2 Day Initial/Intermediate Precision Rifle Oct 24-25 Lewistown PA

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
Our fall course is now open for registration. This is a formal long range precision rifle course that includes guided pre-course ballistics work, classroom study, and lots of range work from 100 to 1050 yards.

The "Open Courses" page of our website describes the curriculum, and includes the registration link below that. NOTE - there are several (historical) courses listed on that page. Don't scroll down too far or you will hit one of those old ones.

Open Courses | BLACK HAT TRAINING CORPS

The club offers home cooked breakfast and lunch as well as climate controlled bunkhouse type lodging for a very reasonable fee. There are also hotels less than two miles from the firing line.

Thanks for considering BHTC! Any questions, please reach out via any avenue.

--Fargo007

Gonna sign up for this one myself. Think a .243 AI will work ok for the class?

It would work, but that's a LOT of gun for a beginner/intermediate course.

How fast are you sending them? Our targets can't tolerate 3100fps so it would have to be under that.

Aside of that, you would probably learn a lot more with a less laserlike caliber. In terms of wind effects and danger space I would think.

--Fargo007

I actually am finishing building it as we speak, so I haven't developed a load yet. I will keep it under that so we don't do any harm. If I don't bring that it would have to be my single shot 6.5 Lapua.

FWIW, we have never seen a student languish on the firing line that he "brought too much ammo."

ETA - We also encourage students to bring a second firearm if they wish. We want to to take the COURSE with one rifle, but the second is nice to serve as a backup, and also to be able to shoot it on breaks and during recreational time.

Including big guns. We are 50bmg friendly from 500 to 1050Y.

--Fargo007

Last edited:
3100 fps is a no go, correct? 3050 would be ok? I'm gonna start load work up and need a goal to shoot for velocity wise.

Think this will sell out? I am wanting to do the class but unsure of the finances just yet

Also would a millett 6-25x56 LRS-1 be a suitable scope?

Last edited:
It very well could.

I'm going to say no on the scope and here's why: We had a student bring one of those to the last I/I course and it lasted all of 15 minutes before the elevation knob completely locked up so hard that it couldn't be turned with a monkey wrench and a cheater bar. Luckily he had a different scope he could mount up and use.

I'm going to talk to some optics manufacturers and try to work something out.

--Fargo007

The course roster is full at this time.

We are still accepting alternate students because there are always some that register who don't follow though. Please email or PM if you are interested in a spot in this one.

Thanks,

--Fargo007

Sending payment today. Can't wait to finally take my FN SPR out to longer than 200 yards!

Anyone else planning on running a muzzle brake or am I going to get shunned and thrown in a corner?

Last edited:
If you really want one, you can make it happen if you keep it and shoot it only in PA (or other states that are suppressor OK).

Basically you form a trust or a corporation in PA. Have some place to securely store the item, and you are good to go.

There are a lot of people in occupied territory who do it this way and I know one personally with several MG's, cans, SBR's, etc.

The trust/corp owns the suppressor, not the NJ resident. 100% legal.

Ask me about it at the course.

--Fargo007