• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses BHTC 2 Day Precision Rifle 9/28-9 Lewistown PA

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
Our 2 Day Initial / Intermediate Precision Rifle Course is open for registration.

Complete course details suitable equipment list and registration are at:

http://bhtcorps.com/2DayPrecision092812.html

The course is Friday/Saturday, September 28/29, 2012.

Breakfast at 0800, and the training day starts at 0830 each day. We wrap up when we're done.

The course is targeted at the new or intermediate level precision rifle shooter who has the proper equipment and wants to learn how to drive and maintain it properly. If you do not have a data book, we can furnish Impact Data Books set up specifically for the course.

The proprietors (Mike/Freddy) are the primary instructors, and we also use hand-picked experienced long range shooters as line coaches to assist you on the firing line. Their only job is to help you succeed.

Day 1: This is a very full training day. Classroom instruction, position and rifle fitment, basic rifle marksmanship, zeroing, known distance shooting to 500Y, recording proper data, reticle use, introduction to range estimation and UKD shooting. Most students will achieve reliable hits out to 1025Y by the end of day 1.

Day 1 Night: Night fire at known distances. Various methods of target illumination are presented. Official debriefing at the clubhouse after the guns are cased.

Day 2: Review, Zero check, enhanced UKD practice, other intermediate level techniques, final course exercise, course certificates awarded.

For the final course exercise, students fire the USMC Scout/Sniper Qualification Course. Silhouette targets (steel) at UKD out to 800 Yards. We conduct and score the test just like the USMC does, except our targets are a little smaller. This one is a lot of fun and brings all the elements and concepts together. We have had students ace this test with a perfect score after two days of training, and most turn in respectable scores.

Round count: 150 minimum, 200 recommended.

Thanks, and we hope to have you aboard! Any questions, post or email.

Freddy/Mike
Black Hat Training Corps

Re: BHTC 2 Day Precision Rifle 9/28-9 Lewistown PA

Any chance that you'll run a Saturday/Sunday course anytime in the near future?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance that you'll run a Saturday/Sunday course anytime in the near future? </div></div>

The host location doesn't allow any shooting prior to 1300hr on Sundays otherwise I'm sure they'd do it all the time.

I've been at this class a couple of times in different capacities and it's a very good course. Well worth the day off from work if you can swing it.

yeah, I know Freddy from shooting his matches and against him. He is a helluva shooter, knows a ton, and most importantly, really cares about helping others improve their skills. This venue is also top notch.

Just wish he would offer his Advanced Precision class more often
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance that you'll run a Saturday/Sunday course anytime in the near future? </div></div>

The host location doesn't allow any shooting prior to 1300hr on Sundays otherwise I'm sure they'd do it all the time.

I've been at this class a couple of times in different capacities and it's a very good course. Well worth the day off from work if you can swing it. </div></div>

That makes sense...

I guess I'll have to wait until I can swing the day off. Already taking one off to help setup for contagion the week before this, definitely can't do two weeks in a row.

I can't seem to access your webpage with the info for this course. Just trying to see what the cost is and if there are still spots available.

Another outstanding training opportunity from Black Hat. Thanks to Freddy, Mike, Mike and Chris.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shrek183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another outstanding training opportunity from Black Hat. Thanks to Freddy, Mike, Mike and Chris. </div></div>

I'll second that!

Thanks Fellas,

If you all have pics please send them to me so I can put a page together for the class.

Best part of the course for me was the ha-ha the rest of the staff pulled by running my Xbox PJ's up the range flagpole.

Oh they got me good!

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Best part of the course for me was the ha-ha the rest of the staff pulled by running my Xbox PJ's up the range flagpole.

</div></div>

Photo of that needed!

whats the recomended caliber? do you recommend bolt over semi-auto for a beginner class?

Agreed! It was a great opportunity that was fast paced and challenging, but Black Hat made it achievable! Highly recommended! Thanks again, Freddy, Mike, Chris, and Mike!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jay foxtrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats the recomended caliber? do you recommend bolt over semi-auto for a beginner class? </div></div>

Yes, we do recommend a bolt gun. It takes more skill and a lot more discipline to drive a semi-auto successfully for long range shooting.

Yup, there are pics of the flagpole gag coming.

--Fargo007

Had a great time during this class and the instruction was very well presented. Looking forward to additional classes in the future.