• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BHTC UKD CHALLENGE 8/25, LEWISTOWN PA

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
Registration is open for the second 2012 BHTC UKD Challenge.

Full information and a registration link:

http://bhtcorps.com/082512UKD.html

Note that no automated email confirmations are sent. Once you register and the roster swells up a bit, I will send out a payment instructions email. Once I receive your check, I will notify you, and at that time your spot will be secured. Order of acceptance shall be determined by:

1 - sponsors - we have slots set aside if you let us know before the roster is full.
2 - determined by date of<span style="font-style: italic"> <span style="font-weight: bold">payment</span> </span>received.

Targets will be paper, steel, reactive out to 1025Y. Like usual, expect to shoot from a variety of unusual, unstable, or otherwise challenging positions and surfaces. CoF will be 100 or less rounds. Caliber limit is 300 win mag, velocity limit 3100fps.

A grasp of reticle based range estimation is required.

The club is cooking all you can eat breakfast and lunch for $15/both meals or $8 each one. Bring cash that day to furnish to the club.

Once you register, payment instructions will be forwarded via email. Match fee is $75.00.

A BiG Thank you to all the shooters and sponsors who have been supporting us so strongly. This match is a regular fixture and we are going to continue to deliver the smooth experience, fair and transparent scoring and high difficulty, reality based CoF that you have told us you enjoy.

--Fargo007

Re: BHTC UKD CHALLENGE 8/25, LEWISTOWN PA

Really want to make it but getting married 6 days later means I won't be there... Looking to make the last one of the year though!

Another one bites the dust.....

Good luck and best wishes in your marriage!

How rough would this be for a newer long range shooter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How rough would this be for a newer long range shooter?

</div></div>

Definitely sign up and try it.

You should have some skills in using the reticle to range targets and just be observant about how others are shooting the stages. Freddy and Mike set this match up so that all sorts of skill ranges can enjoy it and have a challenge, while still maintaining some hard points that will challenge the best of the shooters that come.

wish I could go but i'm leaving for college the 18th
frown.gif
maybe if you have another spring one next year I'll try to make it. Last one looked like tons of fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How rough would this be for a newer long range shooter?

</div></div>

It is a tough match, but they still let you go home if you don't hit all (any) of the targets. Freddy and crew run a great match. Get out there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How rough would this be for a newer long range shooter?

</div></div>

It is a tough match, but they still let you go home if you don't hit all (any) of the targets. Freddy and crew run a great match. Get out there! </div></div>

Heh, that'll be me (not hitting any of my targets).
I'm convinced, just submitted the form.

Signed up and looking forward to seeing everyone at the range.

Just signed up see you there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKRUNT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GONNA MISS YA

COOKS HUSBAND </div></div>

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now that we're here, I'm really regretting the decision not to bunk in the clubhouse. That drive in the AM is going to *kill me*.

Great match Freddy and Mike we had a great time. Also thanks to all the guys helping out. I will be coming back for the next one, can't wait.

Congrats to the top finishers!

Steve Bechtel
Dave Preston
Dave Ostrowske
Tom Pohuski
Steve Mack

Ladies Division 1st:
Jane R.

And thanks to everyone who came out to throw some long ball with BHTC, and our sponsor, RW Snyder Gunsmithing. We were happy to have you aboard, and hope you enjoyed it. If you didn't do as well as you had hoped, ahem.... <span style="font-style: italic">we ARE a training company.</span>...
wink.gif

Full score sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?...amp;output=html

Please email me any photos or videos you have. My website is down for the near future so I will get them posted in a temp location.

I tried to press a lot of different skill sets in this match. Those that are not necessarily shooting skills. The CBS was an attention to detail shot. You had to pay attention to the instructions on the whiteboard if you were to identify the correct target. The whiteboard had a rough diagram on it showing the general area of the target, and this description:

"We are receiving accurate fire from a single individual that we know as "Charlie." He has made an effort to conceal himself, and we believe him to be in this general area. " 2 rounds. Unpublished time limit. Shooters had about a 1/8 mile hustle up a steep hill, and through some rocky terrain, and had to fire from scrub brush. The correct target had a faint black "C" on it ('charlie'), and was camoed ('conceal himself'), but in the open and plainly visible in the correct location.

Most shooters did not find it. Many shot an incorrect target. Those that correctly located it were treated to an easy-money 550Y shot on a fullsize IDPA steel target. This is what I mean - the necessary skill here wasn't so much about the shooting. And so it was in many other stages.

The rest featured less than favorable shooting positions, my crazy box drill, and 8 of 14 targets/stages with shots past 750Y...

It may look curious to some that the scores are very high up against the max points percentage wise at the top. This is by design. You get big points for the hit, and bonus for doing it with as few rounds as possible. So a 1st round hit on a long, or high difficulty shot is 100 points. If you do it on the 5th round, you're still getting 80. This keeps the scores tight at the top, but still lets the newer shooter enjoy the satisfaction of getting the hit, although not necessarily doing so competitively.

Our October match is in design already. We are talking about a two shooter team match. A more traditional shooter/spotter combination. Precision shooter + Carbine shooter. Please have full confidence in our ability to test your teamwork and coordination skills in addition to everything else.

--Fargo007

Freddy & Mike...

Great job guys.. It's a lot of work putting on the matches you guys do..

Congrats to Steve on the win and to Dave for a close second.. Great job guys....

Also, A big thanks to RW Snyder gunsmithing for the generous donation..

BHTCmatch045-1.jpg

I can only repeat the thanks to the match staff and sponsor(s). It was a well-run match and posed not only marksmanship and problem-solving challenges, but also challenged your attention-to-detail. Looking forward to future matches.

Freddy and the Black Hat Crew,
Thank you for running such a fine event. I really enjoyed the course of fire and the entire match ran very smoothly. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Congratulations to Dave and Dave, you guys are great competitors and I look forward to squaring off against you again.

Thanks again and hope to see you all at the range soon.

Steve Bechtel

A big thanks to the Black Hat Crew for running the match, MCSA for hosting us, and RW Snyder for sponsoring the match.

I certainly had a great time, and will keep coming back for more. The match was fun, challenging, and flowed at a nice pace.

Thanks again.
Steve

Yeah, definite thanks to the BHTC crew, and the range staff. The food was really great, and the range and facilities were impressive.

As a newer (precision) shooter, I was a bit apprehensive going into this. I had a great time though, and will most certainly be back.
I found some pretty big holes in my skill set that I need to work on, and confirmed some things that are working, but that I wasn't sure about before.
Big thanks!

yah, nice work Steve B. Great stuff!
see you guys in Oct at Mayberry, but not Mifflin BHTC match as I'm in LA on business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aw, that sucks JB. I know you would really like the taste of what I have cookin' on that one so far.....

--Fargo007
</div></div>

Just checked the calendar and LA business trip is 13-17 Oct, so I'm all good to go for 6 Oct, as long as HQ (aka wife) clears me
smile.gif

Don't want to miss Freddy's evilness, especially when its a team format.