• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bi-pod suggestion

I'm just working on a video comparing Atlas, Accu-Tac, and CKYE-POD. I just happen to have all three now. I will tell you that I immediately fell in love with the ACCU-TAC!!! That thing is solid as a rock and I love the simple functionality of it. The ONLY thing that puts the CKYE-POD ahead of the Accu-Tac is that extra wide leg placement ability...That's it. I've run the Atlas on both comp rifles and am replacing them both. I'll make a final decision after my match this weekend when I can test them both on props after the match. I wanted to test out a Thunder Beast but don't have access to one. They look good as well.

My only reason for leaning towards the CKYE-POD is that wide leg placement. Build quality on Accu-Tac is much better IMHO, and I'm an MDT guy! Hope this helps and the video will be out next week. By the way...I'm using an MDT ACC chassis on both comp rifles.

Last edited:
What are your intentions? Some bipods work better for competition like prs where some are better off the bench. Then you have some that can be used sitting and/or prone

For prone shooting/hunting my preference is the Atlas Cal Gen 2. I also own the TBAC bipod. Great bipod as well

atlas or CKYE-POD which ever one you want more my next bi pod will be one like this but with the crank in the middle

and spiked feet not skids run by electronics with a hand controller up or down and fuzzy dice .
p_749013031_1.jpg

impala-car.gif

What are your intentions? Some bipods work better for competition like prs where some are better off the bench. Then you have some that can be used sitting and/or prone

For prone shooting/hunting my preference is the Atlas Cal Gen 2. I also own the TBAC bipod. Great bipod as well
Great point Haf...What is the intended use for the bipod?

I really like the CAL, but currently I’m using a TBAC and ckyepod. First impression of the TBAC wasn’t all that great but after giving it a chance it’s nice, real nice. One hand adjustments are easier on it than others I’ve owned including Accutacs offering. I really like the ckyepod to and have owned a double pull and now a standard. Great bipod but it’s wide stance can be a hindrance on some props. Field use matches or hunting it’s hard to beat. The accutac I had was built like a tank but I didn’t like the pull down to move the legs style, not a deal breaker but just didn’t care for it. The CAL is a great bipod and is pretty versatile. Easy adjustments and solid. I don’t think you can really go wrong with any of them.

I've got Harris, Atlas CAL, Ckyepod Standard, and Ckyepod Double-pull, all with RRS ARMS lever clamps.

Atlas CAL is really really solid, but the Ckyepod Standard is more versatile, and the double-pull would be my choice for any field match. If I could only choose one, I'd probably go with the Ckyepod standard length with rubber feet. It'll cover 95% of all the situations you'd find yourself in (and the other 5% could be covered with a tripod).

Speaking of feet, do most prefer to run their bipod with rubber feet or spikes?
I have hawk hill talons on my atlas cal and love them. TBAC has the factory feet

You wouldn’t want to lay those talons on a truck hood tho

Speaking of feet, do most prefer to run their bipod with rubber feet or spikes?
I like the TBAC claws. I almost never use the rubber feet but obviously on a surface that one would worry about damaging, you would want to use them. The TBAC rubber and claw, as well as the extensions, are tool-less quick-change.

I like the TBAC claws. I almost never use the rubber feet but obviously on a surface that one would worry about damaging, you would want to use them. The TBAC rubber and claw, as well as the extensions, are tool-less quick-change.
I plan to get both of these items for my TBAC

I have the CAL and for the most part it does everything I need for PRS. I've only had the MDT Ckye pod with its wide legs come in handy 3 times and I just borrowed it for those situations. If I didnt already own the CAL I would buy the ckye pod.

OP the Harris BRM-S with an Arca mount will do most of what you need in a match bipod. Still used by many people in matches.

Reactions: MuleyTime
Hard to beat a Ckye Pod. I have been running the PRS version last year and also have a Tripple pull.

Harris and Atlas sit on a shelf now.

You just missed some smoking deals on them. Maybe they will do it again next black Friday.

I still use a Harris BRM-S, always told myself the day I loose a match due to my Harris I'll buy a new wizzbang bipod.
Don't think I've dropped a single point that I can blame on my bipod yet.

It’s no different than anything else in this precision rifle deal. Scopes, actions, stocks, etc etc - tons of options for everyone. Kind of nice to be able to pick what works best for you.

I still use a Harris BRM-S, always told myself the day I loose a match due to my Harris I'll buy a new wizzbang bipod.
Don't think I've dropped a single point that I can blame on my bipod yet.
There are things you can do with certain bipods thats you can't do with others. Really game the shit out of a stage.

You don't know what you don't know and unless you are winning every match, there is always something you can do better or improve upon. Sometimes that can be gear.

I can think of a few stages just in the last year where i would be limited by a harris or atlas. High angle shots being one.

There are things you can do with certain bipods thats you can't do with others. Really game the shit out of a stage.

You don't know what you don't know and unless you are winning every match, there is always something you can do better or improve upon. Sometimes that can be gear.

I can think of a few stages just in the last year where i would be limited by a harris or atlas. High angle shots being one.
I know you can do a bunch of fancy things with newer bipod but again I've never been in a position that any gaming of stages would've been the difference between me winning a match or not.

Other than being able to go down very low to the ground I've never been left wanting.

Maybe thats indicative of the matches I shot or just that I'm self aware a piece of gear is seldom the only the thing I need to win matches.

Reactions: Rob01
You win alot of matches with that Harris?
Yes, usually come top 3 in the matches I shoot, with the win bouncing around a few different shooters.
Again never once have I missed out on top place due to my bipod.

Again this is probably indicative of the matches I shoot, but I have never once been at a match where the difference between the winner and 2nd place was due to a single piece of gear.

I’m not a gamer but I do shoot seriously and I am a hunter. I find that pods like the TBAC and Atlas are simply more forgiving that the Harris.

I’ve observed that I really need to make sure and properly preload the Harris whereas with the Atlas, and now the replacement TBAC, I hardly have to think about it.

I missed a 250 yard shot this year on a stationary animal with a light wind that I had absolutely no business missing. Anyone who knows me knows that I will blame myself first and work from there. But seriously the only thing I could come up with was at the Harris hopped and blew the shot.

I had the pod on a downsloping piece of granite rock between two trees and thinking it was a chip shot for me didn’t think much of it when I pulled the trigger. Because of the downslope of the rock there was no way I could get any kind of forward push on that pod against those springs. Because I have spiked feet there was no rearward give against the upward slope. It dug in and I remember the rifle jumping quite a bit, despite being suppressed.

With my TBAC, I feel I would have a had just enough friction to lean against the built in slack. I plan to get rid of the Harris and get another TBAC soon. For now the harris is pretty much benched.

Last edited:
Been shooting Harris bipods before "loading" was a thing and shot well and still do without any loading. Shoot off stuff at matches all the time like tires, hard wood decks, car hoods etc where you can't load and hit targets. Some like to load but never saw a need even before I was told you had to.

Variety is the spice of life.
So many options available.
I had a guy give me a friendly challenge, after explaining to me the pure shittiness of my Magpul, which I have recently changed to from a Harris.
Eeeeew, reeks of POOR doesn't it?
He had a primo Atlas, which I must admit is pretty flash.
Anyhow, 800 metres 10 rounds.
He dropped 3, game over.
I couldn't resist, explained to him it must be the Atlas feet on my bipod that gave me the edge.
It's more than just equipment that makes the shot.
I've seen some amazing shots with a .303 leaning on a backpack.

Been shooting Harris bipods before "loading" was a thing and shot well and still do without any loading. Shoot off stuff at matches all the time like tires, hard wood decks, car hoods etc where you can't load and hit targets. Some like to load but never saw a need even before I was told you had to.
Never load my bipod either, just use standard rubber feet.
Works great on all surfaces.

Have shot plenty of field matches and no problems with the Harris.

If you shoot more field matches, you'll see how much better a Ckyepod is (especially a double-pull).
I do shoot field matches.

I'm not suggesting that the Cykepod doesn't have advantages over the Harris, just saying I've never been in a matches where I can genuinely say the Harris held me back, much like buying a $2000 scope doesnt do anything that my previous $1000 scope did in 99% of circumstances.

No, but being limited to a Harris 6-9" can absolutely cause you to drop extra points on a stage and "lose" a match.
Quite the assumption. A lot of stages just need good problem solving and being able to do that will allow you to not lose points.

No, but being limited to a Harris 6-9" can absolutely cause you to drop extra points on a stage and "lose" a match.
I always use a 9-13" Harris, I've found for field use the 6-9 to be virtually useless.

I do carry my 6-9 for some matches but don't think I've ever used it.
The biggest advantage I've seen for the Cykepod is being able to spread the legs wide to get down really low, the odd time that would be useful in a stage but in those instances I shoot off a gamechanger instead.

Wait till all those Double and Tripple pulls that were on sale start getting used next year. I think you will see an even bigger advantage in some matches and for stuff like REAL field matches and NRL hunter, there will be a significant advantage.

Reactions: deersniper
REAL field matches
In a REAL field match most bipods are completely useless and a tripod is worth it's weight in gold.

Like I said in my first post I (as in I personally) have never had a situation where I wish I had a different bipod, outside of a few extreme circumstances a Cykepod would have added nothing to my final score.
In the few instances the Harris was lacking a gamechanger saved the day, and for REAL field matches a tripod is worth it's weight in gold.

One day I'll upgrade my Harris but thus far I've seen no reason to prioritise this.

Harris work, by I've had it collapse multiple times on heavier rifles. I narrowly missed smashing my Brux barrel on a concrete table edge. Replaced with a Cyke I got a good deal on.

i shoot a gas gun and started out with a harris.
while i had no issues hitting something without loading the bipod, i found pushing the feet against something helped me stay on target for shots 2, 3 or however many shots i was going to take quickly.
imo, being able to sent multiple shots before the first one hits sets the gas gun apart from their (more accurate) bolt gun cousins.
anyway, (i found) the rolling feet on the harris to be a liability on a smooth bench or shooting platform (unless i had something to push on).
i swapped it for an accu-tac sr-5 g2 and that was an immediate improvement (for me).
also tried the atlas cal and it also works great, but still seem to shooter better with the accu-tac (seems to track more straight back and forth).
now of course we must take into consideration my possible flaws in technique, so this is just to say what works for me and my gas gun.

In a REAL field match most bipods are completely useless and a tripod is worth it's weight in gold.

Like I said in my first post I (as in I personally) have never had a situation where I wish I had a different bipod, outside of a few extreme circumstances a Cykepod would have added nothing to my final score.
In the few instances the Harris was lacking a gamechanger saved the day, and for REAL field matches a tripod is worth it's weight in gold.

One day I'll upgrade my Harris but thus far I've seen no reason to prioritise this.
Some can and some can't. Many MD's have wised up the gamers buying points with high end tripod and setup the stage to either not allow them or take away their advantage. That is where a flexible bipod really shines.

But keep telling everyone how great the Harris is.

You don't know what you don't know. Saying I never had a situation does not qualify the statement as relevant.

I have never flew the space shuttle or been on a submarine. Not having experienced something does not mean it does not happen.

Again, east coast stale square range PRS matches which are barricade benchrest with little to no actual shooting from natural features is not representative of all precision rifle matches. Come take a high angle shot off an inclining plane and let us know how well that Harris works for you. Go shoot a few NRL hunter matches and let me know how useful it is as well.

• Haha
Again, east coast stale square range PRS matches which are barricade benchrest with little to no actual shooting from natural features is not representative of all precision rifle matches. Come take a high angle shot off an inclining plane and let us know how well that Harris works for you. Go shoot a few NRL hunter matches and let me know how useful it is as well.
I don't live or shoot in the United States so you have no way of knowing what sort of matches I shoot.
The last field match I shot was set in such a manner that no bipod was of any use.

MDs are setting stages to make tripods not allowed or set a stage around them, they can do the same thing for really tall bipods just as easily.

Like I said, the Harris does 99% of what I need it to do the day it no longer does will be the day I buy something different.
Not saying the Cykepod is a waste of money or not worth the money, just that I've been convinced to buy one.

I always use a 9-13" Harris, I've found for field use the 6-9 to be virtually useless.

I do carry my 6-9 for some matches but don't think I've ever used it.
The biggest advantage I've seen for the Cykepod is being able to spread the legs wide to get down really low, the odd time that would be useful in a stage but in those instances I shoot off a gamechanger instead.

The big advantage to the Ckyepod is being able to quickly drop the legs down 36" and shoot over obstacles where there is no other support. Faster than a tripod, and having one end of the gun supported lets you use tree/tripod/whatever for rear support making for really solid positions.

Not sure what your field matches are like, Usually we have 3-5 minutes to find, range and engage 6 targets, and time is critical. Less than 1/3 of my shots involve a 'regular' bipod, but I like the TBAC and atlas bipods, being able to make changes with one hand is helpful. My next bipod will be the ckyepod after borrowing one on a field match. At the first NRL hunter style match, I was too short to see over the boulder in front of me, but I was able to clip my atlas over the rock and lean back on it (while basically rock climbing) and did pretty well.

ETA: Does anyone have an exact weight on a Ckyepod triple pull or double pull lightweight with ARCA compatible clamps?

Last edited: