• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bi-Pod's for Savage 110FCP HS Precision

dstewart51

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Lake Hughes, CA
Hi everyone,

Other then the Harris Bi-Pod, what other choices are there?

I ran across the Atlas Bi-Pods and they look really nice but how well would they work with the HS Precision Stock? From what I have gathered it looks like you would need to install the BT34 rail using the BT1517 Rail Mounting Fastener Set. Not sure how stable/strong and how it would look on the HS Precision stock.

What would be your top choice for a Bi-Pod for this rifle?

Re: Bi-Pod's for Savage 110FCP HS Precision

I have both and much prefer the Atlas, though the Harris is okay. Once you put a rail on correctly there should be no issues with strength on mounting. Check the distance between front studs, I think the BT34 rail is too short. Make sure you are using measurements between mounting holes and not total length of rail. If you have questions ask B&T before ordering. Good luck.

Most folks agree the atlas is the best. The little pic rail kit it plenty strong. Decide for yourself if its too ugly. You could do some kind of custom AI spigot and install that into your forearm and then use the atlas spigot mount.

Otherwise - use a harris attached to your sling stud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nfoley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both and much prefer the Atlas, though the Harris is okay. Once you put a rail on correctly there should be no issues with strength on mounting. Check the distance between front studs, I think the BT34 rail is too short. Make sure you are using measurements between mounting holes and not total length of rail. If you have questions ask B&T before ordering. Good luck. </div></div>

Forgive my ignorance, so what your suggesting is finding a 1913 style Picatinny rail that will line up with the holes for the two factory sling studs?

I'll have to give B&T a call when tomorrow as well.

Picked up the Rifle this morning.
Savage110FCP_338_Lapua.jpg

After calling a few of the dealers on the B&T web site I found a BT10 Bi-Pod in stock so I garbed it. Looking at the stock and though the B&T accessory's I now see how the rail mounts to the factory sling stud location. I'll post a pick when it comes in and I have it mounted next week.

Edit, I decided to go with the Seekins Precision rail made for the 2" HS Precision hole spacing. Keeping the sling mount is nice.
http://www.seekinsprecision.com/index.ph...rt&Itemid=2

Atlas Bi-Pod mounted to the HS Precision stock using the Seekins sling rail mount. The aluminum rail in the stock was tapped and using #10-32 sling swivel studs. The screws provided by Seekins were not #10-32 so I scrounged around to find the correct screws, no big deal.

Here are some photos of the Atlas Bi-Pod mounted on the Savage 110FCP,

_PAS0194.jpg

_PAS0195.jpg

_PAS0192.jpg

_PAS0193.jpg

Yes, I know. It needs a scope, looking at ordering the scope late this week.