• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Bible verse for hunting rifle

JA1989

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2019
Just curious as to others opinions. I’m a devout Christian, and I’m thinking of having a small custom decal made for my main long range hunting rig, a Bible verse for either my stock or scope. Shoot me some ideas for the best hunting/weapon related Bible verse you can think of for this purpose. Thanks for any help.

Psalm 144
“Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.”

Genesis 27:3
“Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;”

thanks, those are great ones. Psalm 144 is definitely on the short list

Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established.
Proverbs 4:25‭-‬26 NKJV

Psalm 144
“Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.”

“Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;”
I went with Psalm 144 on a build... epic one

Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know”. I have it on the stock of one of my High Power competition guns :)

Last edited:
Psalm 140:7
New King James Version

O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation,
You have covered my head in the day of battle.

Reactions: Slash0311
Philippians 4:19
"And my God will fully satisfy every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus"

Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

king james version psalm 144 1-2

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Ezekiel 25:17

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

That was written for the movie.

This is the real verse.
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

Damn....I'm not sure what you guys are hunting by the way those verses are written but is there a season or limit?

• Haha
Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
Some great ones there, was their a max on the words that could be used?

Damn....I'm not sure what you guys are hunting by the way those verses are written but is there a season or limit?

Concur. Seems a little melodramatic for a deer poker, but I don’t judge, so long as I am not judged either.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Isaiah 41:10 “fear not for I am with you, be not afraid” I like that for my most trusty rifle and the head of a good axe.

“I considered what I had observed and saw four-footed creatures and wild beasts and reptiles and birds of the air. Then I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Rise, Peter; kill and eat.’”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭11:6-7‬ ‭MEV‬‬

Reactions: lariat
Just a hunting rig? Genesis 27:3
Possible other uses psalms 144:1-2

i named my rifle ishbaal the chief mighty man of king david, who killed 800 men in one encounter

Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for battle, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
39 would work well also.
For You have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

Deuteronomy 20:3,4 Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Psalms 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Leviticus 26:7. But you will chase your enemies and they will fall before you by the sword.

2 Samuel 22:40 For You have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.

Deuteronomy 32:41,42. If I sharpen My flashing sword, And My hand takes hold on justice, I will render vengeance on My adversaries, And I will repay those who hate Me. 42 'I will make My arrows drunk with blood, And My sword will devour flesh, With the blood of the slain and the captives, From the long-haired leaders of the enemy.'

Psalms 7:12,13. If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword; He has bent His bow and made it ready.13 He has also prepared for Himself deadly weapons; He makes His arrows fiery shafts.

Song of Solomon 3:8. All of them are wielders of the sword, Expert in war; Each man has his sword at his side, Guarding against the terrors of the night.

Jeremiah 46:10. For that day belongs to the Lord GOD of hosts, A day of vengeance, so as to avenge Himself on His foes; And the sword will devour and be satiated and drink its fill of their blood; For there will be a slaughter for the Lord GOD of hosts, In the land of the north by the river Euphrates.

I’m LH so I might like Judges 20:16 :LOL:
Out of all these people 700 choice men were left-handed; each one could sling a stone at a hairand not miss.

I would parse something from these or the thousands of others.

Reactions: SpringThom
Acts 10:11-13 "the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its 4 corners upon the earth. In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. And there came a voice to him; "Rise, Peter, kill and eat"

Reactions: SpringThom
I love it that this forum is blessed with so many people of faith. God Bless

“I considered what I had observed and saw four-footed creatures and wild beasts and reptiles and birds of the air. Then I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Rise, Peter; kill and eat.’”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭11:6-7‬ ‭MEV‬‬
I like this one

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, Daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, Weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, Den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.
Also Gen 9:2

Reactions: Baron23
"From a place you will not see Comes a sound you will not hear" so says the Lord

0 for 2. Neither of those quotes are found in the Bible.

Ephesians 6:11
“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil”

Ephesians 6:11
“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil”

Maybe if you’re hunting devils

tasmanian-devils-768x512.jpeg

This belongs in the “You have got to be shitting me” section.

I’m not very religious, but choosing a quote about the devil, or armor, or a enemy, seems wildly inappropriate for what hunting is...or should be.

Look for something about being grateful for a harvest, or a steward to nature, beauty of the outdoors etc.

The animal you hunt and feed your family with is more a ally than a enemy, and should be reflected as such, no?

It might have been off a Jägermeister bottle, but it is a very good hunting quote (translated)

This is the hunter's shield of honor, that he protects and cherishes his game, hunts like a hunter, as it should be, honors the creator in the creature.”

Reactions: buggz
No one forced you to read my post either. I will post what and where I choose and call bullshit when I see it unless and until Frank orders me to quit.

• Haha
Reactions: RedTimber
I’m not very religious, but choosing a quote about the devil, or armor, or a enemy, seems wildly inappropriate for what hunting is...or should be.

Look for something about being grateful for a harvest, or a steward to nature, beauty of the outdoors etc.

The animal you hunt and feed your family with is more a ally than a enemy, and should be reflected as such, no?

It might have been off a Jägermeister bottle, but it is a very good hunting quote (translated)

This is the hunter's shield of honor, that he protects and cherishes his game, hunts like a hunter, as it should be, honors the creator in the creature.”
Then don't put those verses on any gun you get, but hunting is not the same to all people. And yeah it's a good hunting quote but that wasn't the point of the thread.