• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

big +1 for timney triggers

armymedic.2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2008
upstate ny
just put a timney on my rem 700 sps. Not only was the install easy (one minor tweak) but man what a trigger for the price. this is the second timney i have put on a rifle, and both have been awesome. no creep, nearly no travel, crisp break.

NIGHT AND DAY FROM THE X-MARK THAT IT CAME WITH- they said you could tune it, baloney.

The only criticism i have is that though the saftey is a positive click on and off, it does travel some afterwards while disengaging, as opposed to the factory safety that seemed to "roll" all the way forward on a spring.

so anyway i like to give a bump where deserved, and i think they did an outstanding job, especially for a hundred bucks! (read-i just could not commit to a jewel, and i am not dissapointed at all).

Re: big +1 for timney triggers

The trigger itself is a bit wide IMO but overall a great replacement.

I'm needing a trigger for a M700 project.
Timney,Rifle basic and Jewell are the ones I'll be looking at.

What weights are you guys running ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The trigger itself is a bit wide IMO but overall a great replacement. </div></div>

The standard triggers for the 700 do have a wide trigger shoe. I think this is the one downside. However, I recently spoke with Jeff and T-bone at Timney who both told me that they have the same trigger available now, but with a narrower trigger shoe. They don't have it out on the market at this time, but you can order it by calling them directly and ordering from Timney as opposed to a supplier. I started shooting Jewells, and while they are nice trigger that I still enjoy shooting, of recent I have become a bigger fan of the Timney. They work great in the Rem 700, Savages and AR platform.

i like anywhere between 2-4 lbs, as long as it is clean. 2.5 is my woodchuck and target, up to four for deer (cold weather numb fingers)

Good info, just ordered one today for a LTR. Midway has them on sale, 109.99.

Timney is my go to replacement trigger when installing an aftermarket unit.

The 510 is the trigger for Remington 700 and clones, the wide trigger bow is up for interpretation, but they are well built and feel really nice.

The 510U is the newest trigger and is a trigger designed for Defiance actions. It has a more narrow trigger bow, a longer connector up top and has no bolt release.

Timney has always taken care of me and I think they are very well built.

Mark