• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Big bore xeno mount?

sam4886

Stunt Cock
Minuteman
May 15, 2019
Eastern WA
I've got a nomad and keymo set up now that I use on most of my rifles .30 cal and under. I've also got a hybrid on the way for bigger bore stuff that I want to get some kind of mount system for so I can swap to other guns without having to direct thread.

I'd like to not use keymo (if they ever get a bigger bore brake) if possible so I, or whoever else, can avoid throwing a 45 cal bullet at a 30 cal hole by mistake. Basically, 30 cal can will only fit on 30 cal guns and 45 can will only fit 45 guns.

The xeno system dead air has seems nice, but it doesn't look like they have anything bigger than a .30 besides the newest threaded taper mount they have, but I want to have either a brake or flash hider as the mount so it has some functionality if the can is off. I like the LH threads too, wish they would have done that on the keymo.

Does anyone know if there is a big bore xeno? Is the brake 45 cal and just not mentioned anywhere? I only see the FH as having a bore spec listed.

Or another alternative?

I did hear that Dead Air was going to be making some .45 caliber stuff, so you might want to contact them directly and ask.

Reactions: sam4886
Nothing for keymo or xeno larger than 30 cal at the moment. SilencerCo has large ASR mounts but they aren't near as good as the Dead Air stuff IMO.

Yup. That's the issue, I really like the dead air stuff compared to ASR or anything else I've seen much of.
Contact JMac Customs... They make all sorts of crazy stuff that is KeyMo, but that DA doesn't make. They are fully licensed to produce KeyMo stuff, and make high-quality products. 👍🏼

Ah, yeah, the xero. That's what I was talking about in the OP as the threaded taper mount but couldn't remember the name.

I guess that's as good as it gets for now.

I've got a jmac keymo on my AK. Do they do xeno stuff too?

Ah, yeah, the xero. That's what I was talking about in the OP as the threaded taper mount but couldn't remember the name.

I guess that's as good as it gets for now.

I've got a jmac keymo on my AK. Do they do xeno stuff too?
That I don't know... You'd have to contact them. They're good folks and very helpful, they'll even do some custom stuff if it has enough of a demand. They're working on something custom for me right now, but since it doesn't have a big demand yet, it's kind of on the back-burner, which I understand completely, but I can't help but be anxious waiting for it. LOL

What about the Area 419 Universal Adapter and suppressor adapter? You could still use either a Hellfire or Sidewinder break depending on whichever adapter you go with.

What about the Area 419 Universal Adapter and suppressor adapter? You could still use either a Hellfire or Sidewinder break depending on whichever adapter you go with.
Speaking only for myself here, but I switched from the A419 system to Xeno because I was just tired of switching breaks around and taking them off/on to mount the suppressor (lazy I know). The hellfire is a great brake and mounting system, and definitely a better brake than Xeno but it was a convenience thing for me since I rarely shoot unsuppressed anymore and mostly run gas guns. It’s just nice to only have to move the suppressor when needed. I think if you’re running bolt guns and shoot unsuppressed often, the hellfire is a great system. Seems to be a decent amount of hellfire brakes popping up in the PX used for someone to try them out at a discount.

I'm a fan of the Q Plan B system. Not a fan of Kevin B. or Q, but the Plan B mounting system is the most elegant one out there, IMO.

You also don't need to support Q to take advantage of this system. Rearden MFG makes great high quality products in the Plan B pattern, and they have big bore stuff.

This one comes in a .500 bore for example:

I'm a fan of the Q Plan B system. Not a fan of Kevin B. or Q, but the Plan B mounting system is the most elegant one out there, IMO.

You also don't need to support Q to take advantage of this system. Rearden MFG makes great high quality products in the Plan B pattern, and they have big bore stuff.

This one comes in a .500 bore for example:

That's good to know. The plan b was off the table because the Q dude is a clown. They probably get a bit of license, but meh....

Dead air says they're working on more/bigger stuff too.

I'm sure I've got a while until the can shows up anyway, so maybe by then the dead air stuff will be out and I can get a good comparison between a couple options.

That's good to know. The plan b was off the table because the Q dude is a clown. They probably get a bit of license, but meh....

Dead air says they're working on more/bigger stuff too.

I'm sure I've got a while until the can shows up anyway, so maybe by then the dead air stuff will be out and I can get a good comparison between a couple options.

I also don't like supporting Q. But the Plan B stuff and Rearden is pretty legit.

Interested to see what/if Dead Air comes out with.