• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

superde

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2003
Bryan, Texas
pig9-1.jpg

This is the biggest pig I have shot to date. I tried to shoot him low in the chest (heart) but pulled the trigger too late as he was moving at the time. I saw him a couple of weeks ago (no gun with me at the time), and I have been looking for him. I wear a size 12 shoe, and he was 5 of my feet from nose to butt. Most of the pigs I see and shoot are in the 100-200lb range.

Below are a couple more i've shot in the last couple of weeks. The one that is half eaten, I didn't find for 2 days after I shot him. He ran into some woods after I pulled the trigger. I shot him in the morning (before daylight) with the setup above.

pig6-2.jpg

pig7-2.jpg

pig8-1.jpg

Re: Big Boy

Remington 300 RUM worked over by Patriot Arms, McMillan A2 stock, Rock Creek 1-10" twist 26" barrel (#6 heavy varmint contour - fluted, Fat Bastard brake), Remington tuned trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What bacon slammin bullet ya shooting out of your RUM? </div></div>

210 grain Berger VLD moving at 3060fps. I may go back and load up some 180 grain Swift Scirrocos (sp?). I shot some factory Remington loads with this bullet, and the exit wound was impressive on pigs - plus it was moving at almost 3400fps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TysPredatorCalls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifles! I wish we had that many targets around here.
Ty </div></div>

Thanks. We are overrun with wild pigs and they tear up the ground. 27 last year and 9 I think this year and there are still a lot out there.

This is my biggest to date. He is just at 200 lbs. He was hitting this feeder pretty hard. I just unclogged the spreader and went back to the blind. About 30 minutes later he came in for a free meal. I hit him in the ear at a little less than 100yds and he dropped in his tracks.
DSCF0338.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hit him in the ear at a little less than 100yds and he dropped in his tracks.
</div></div>

Yeah a .308 tends to do that!

Nice looking porker's fellas. Gotta love Texas!

BB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my biggest to date. He is just at 200 lbs. He was hitting this feeder pretty hard. I just unclogged the spreader and went back to the blind. About 30 minutes later he came in for a free meal. I hit him in the ear at a little less than 100yds and he dropped in his tracks.
</div></div>

Nice pig! You should have taken the picture of the head, and not the ass though LOL. Nice M1A.