• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Chubby MB?

Re: Big Chubby MB?

Saw a few clips on YouTube and aside from it's name (engraved on the crown) it looked pretty solid. Did a search here to see how it's reputation was on the hide and found only this thread.

I'd also like to hear from anyone that's used one..

It does not come in a 5/8ths 24 thread. The video never shows the ammo box and some videos show hand load ammo boxes. If you fire a hand load at low power with a 90gr bullet it would have very low recoil. They never show it being fired on an ar-10.

I went through a course with Curtis and got to shoot one of his rifles with it attached, and can attest to exactly what he says. I was shooting a timed course and the rifle felt like a .223 with no shift in sight picture.

The ammo he let me use was his duty rounds, which are Hornady 168 AMax's,

I just got my Big Chubby from Rat Worx about 2 weeks ago, and am just waiting to have to take it to a smith to be installed.

I HIGHLY recommend this MB.

When I saw topic: Big Chubby MB, I was thinking you were reviewing one of the Shankster's large momma bears.

Now I find your taking about merely a muzzle brake, color me disappointed......
grin.gif

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I saw topic: Big Chubby MB, I was thinking you were reviewing one of the Shankster's large momma bears.

Now I find your taking about merely a muzzle brake, color me disappointed......
grin.gif

Bob </div></div>

LOL! Too funny! But since that topic came up, maybe some pics are in order of the subject matter.

CW-Muzzle-Break-Big-Chubby.jpg

Big-Chubby-4140-Chromolly.jpg