• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big green is BAAAAACCCCKKKKK or so they're saying.

I’d rather they be back in full swing just to get some product on the shelf’s. So this damn ammo crisis can start to dwindle down.

While the video commentary is mostly a lot of "Hurrah" , it did look like they are cranking that stuff out.

Went to the walmart with the wife to look at plants and saw they have a few 700 adl packages at the gun counter. I was wondering if they were making them again or if they were sent over from other store. They weren't there a few weeks ago.

I for the last decade avoided Remington ammo and components.
Especially 22 ammo.

Curious to see how quality is with new ownership and leadership.

Reactions: Gustav7
Especially 22 ammo.

Never had good luck with loaded ammo but have nothing but love for 7 1/2 and 9 1/2 m primers

Reactions: Rhed and Texascbr
Went to the walmart with the wife to look at plants and saw they have a few 700 adl packages at the gun counter. I was wondering if they were making them again or if they were sent over from other store. They weren't there a few weeks ago.
No, not yet. They just called in a few workers this week according to a news report.

Especially 22 ammo.

I tried their 22 ammo once and honestly wanted to throw it away it was so bad.

My LGS just got a new shipment of stuff in and that included some new factory Remington 380 ammo. It looked very nice, and clean. We'll see how it shoots. I haven't found 380 ammo in a year though, so I guess I would have taken anything. $0.80/rd wasn't horrible for the times I guess

I hope they fix their quality issues in every product they make. Otherwise good riddance.
Federal Premium bought them out so I can foresee a lot of their processes becoming highly standardized and it will turn Remington into the same quality as Federal and their other brands.

Federal Premium bought them out so I can foresee a lot of their processes becoming highly standardized and it will turn Remington into the same quality as Federal and their other brands.
Bought their what? Ammo plant? Palmetto bought their ammo division

Bought their what? Ammo plant? Palmetto bought their ammo division
Palmetto didn't purchase the entire ammunition business. They had several business units and Federal (Vista Outdoors) got the Lonoke and subsidiary assets. If you look at Remington's website to actually sell their ammunition, it is exactly the same format, font, text, and UI as Federal Premium's website is. They are going to run it identically with the only exception being the color cardboard your rounds come in.

Reactions: DIBBS
Palmetto didn't purchase the entire ammunition business. They had several business units and Federal (Vista Outdoors) got the Lonoke and subsidiary assets. If you look at Remington's website to actually sell their ammunition, it is exactly the same format, font, text, and UI as Federal Premium's website is. They are going to run it identically with the only exception being the color cardboard your rounds come in.
Vista also got all their IP rights and privileges as part of their deal.

New Remington ammo is hitting the shelves.

In the last 2 weeks I've seen 30-30 and turkey loads at different Walmarts. I walk by just to status check the shelves. Definitely looked like new ammo...different graphics on the boxes anyways.

I agree...Hopefully the QC comes back....it was hit or miss for a long while. I don't need or want their ammo. But I hope they crank it out so components become available sooner rather than later. Certainly can't hurt to have another major player producing ammo for the hoarders. Judging by way prices are dropping and stuff is sitting, the hoarders may be slowing down. I've definitely noticed 223 and pistol ammo prices on forums dipping lower and lower and not moving. Last time I looked at GB, primer prices have slowly dropped and the higher priced lots are sitting.

Hopefully stuff becomes more available in the nearer future.

New Remington ammo is hitting the shelves.

In the last 2 weeks I've seen 30-30 and turkey loads at different Walmarts. I walk by just to status check the shelves. Definitely looked like new ammo...different graphics on the boxes anyways.

I agree...Hopefully the QC comes back....it was hit or miss for a long while. I don't need or want their ammo. But I hope they crank it out so components become available sooner rather than later. Certainly can't hurt to have another major player producing ammo for the hoarders. Judging by way prices are dropping and stuff is sitting, the hoarders may be slowing down. I've definitely noticed 223 and pistol ammo prices on forums dipping lower and lower and not moving. Last time I looked at GB, primer prices have slowly dropped and the higher priced lots are sitting.

Hopefully stuff becomes more available in the nearer future.
Yeah stuff definitely becoming more available online also. I watch Federal's ( and several others) websites pretty stringently and the allowances have gotten larger on the limited products (308, 6.5) and the others (270 win, 300wm, 10mm) have relaxed to the point that there are no caps on P.O.s.
From what I have seen on the Remington website it looks like their shotshell ammo will be the more budgeted alternative to their existing shotshell lines under Federal's brand. Will be interesting to see if that theme holds up across the board.

and it will only take to 2022 before they start putting enough ammo out for it also not to be on store shelves and over priced like everything else but the more the merry . best of luck to them and much success better more companies making ammo and other products than less ..

Reactions: Deets
Any ammo is good ammo right now to help quell the panic buying.

hopefully this means Remington primers coming back to market also.

Local WalMart actually got some Remington 30-30 and 30-06 ammo a couple days ago. Until now all they ever got was one or two boxes of Winchester or Federal every now and then.

I bought the one box of 30-30 for a friend in need. 170 gr core-lokt. $18.90 out the door. Including the ridiculous 9.45% sales tax
ETA: They recently started a 3-box-limit policy. Couple months ago I caught them in possession of a full brick of CCI std velocity 22LR and bought all 10 boxes-about $32 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rog2069
How was the pricing?

I didn't look. I just glanced at what it was. Next time I will take a look.

I am guessing they got quite a bit because I saw the 30-30 and turkey loads late...I know my local walmarts stock after 9pm.....so it w as available all day long. I've also been finding RP 30-30 brass at the range.