• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Investors Decide ESG Is an Underperforming Fad

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Bloomberg conducted its latest industry survey of its terminal clients, which generally include big banks, hedge funds, and other large financial institutions.

The survey found that 90 percent of 116 Bloomberg terminal clients who are not directly engaged with ESG expect the investment sector to underperform compared to market benchmarks in 2024, and 55 percent of those involved in ESG also believe it will underperform.

Sixty-nine percent of those not involved believe it is nothing more than a fad, with only 18 percent believing it will become more essential in business and markets, which is down 25 percent from the last Bloomberg survey.

“ESG has morphed from risk management to political activism for the left,” one respondent said.

Another Bloomberg terminal client said, “Our job is to provide returns for investors, not change the world.”

Approximately two-thirds of those surveyed say that the political backlash against ESG will force firms to stop using the term as they continue to advance environmental and social goals.

In June, BlackRock CEO Larry Fink said he no longer uses “ESG,” lamenting it has become politicized.

House Republicans on the Financial Services Committee led a series of hearings in July, in which they targeted the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) efforts to enforce more disclosure requirements relating to ESG. They also called for more strict oversight of proxy advisers.

Despite the backlash against ESG, 43 percent of those surveyed said that they are scaling back their investments in fossil fuels and 21 percent are planning to do so.

Bloomberg reported, “Another theme that emerged from the survey was calls to separate the E, S and G as “they don’t belong together as a group; they’re totally different and unrelated issues.” The majority agree that the fiduciary responsibility of financial firms is more important than ESG.”

The majority agree that the fiduciary responsibility of financial firms is more important than ESG.”
Well there's a no shit kind of article.
A business has to make a profit in order to remain......in business.

Who woulda thunk it ?

Reactions: lash

Bloomberg conducted its latest industry survey of its terminal clients, which generally include big banks, hedge funds, and other large financial institutions.

The survey found that 90 percent of 116 Bloomberg terminal clients who are not directly engaged with ESG expect the investment sector to underperform compared to market benchmarks in 2024, and 55 percent of those involved in ESG also believe it will underperform.

Sixty-nine percent of those not involved believe it is nothing more than a fad, with only 18 percent believing it will become more essential in business and markets, which is down 25 percent from the last Bloomberg survey.

“ESG has morphed from risk management to political activism for the left,” one respondent said.

Another Bloomberg terminal client said, “Our job is to provide returns for investors, not change the world.”

Approximately two-thirds of those surveyed say that the political backlash against ESG will force firms to stop using the term as they continue to advance environmental and social goals.

In June, BlackRock CEO Larry Fink said he no longer uses “ESG,” lamenting it has become politicized.

House Republicans on the Financial Services Committee led a series of hearings in July, in which they targeted the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) efforts to enforce more disclosure requirements relating to ESG. They also called for more strict oversight of proxy advisers.

Despite the backlash against ESG, 43 percent of those surveyed said that they are scaling back their investments in fossil fuels and 21 percent are planning to do so.

Bloomberg reported, “Another theme that emerged from the survey was calls to separate the E, S and G as “they don’t belong together as a group; they’re totally different and unrelated issues.” The majority agree that the fiduciary responsibility of financial firms is more important than ESG.”
While I don't have any liberal retards within my daily interaction orbit there are plenty on the investing service I subscribe to so this is my slice of interaction with them. The comments on the chat section are pure gold and worthy of reddit. When the ESG libs accidentally comment about how pleased they are with a dividend raise in an O&G/midstream they own shares in....oh the comedy is priceless. The limousine liberal is an amazing thing to behold...'do as I say not as I do silly citizen...rules are for other people!'

Last edited:
Reactions: lash and JR_77
1691421200723.png

I guess I am out of the loop. I had to google what ESG even was.

It’s their fiduciary duty to protect and grow their clients money. Not protect the governments agenda.