• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Piney 28 Aug Match Results

Bob Roach

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2003
SC MISSOURI
The 28 August Sniper Match was set up fairly hard, and the scores reflect that. Weather conditions were great. The best weather we have had for a match in atleast 8 months. If this had of been a Multi Range F Class match the target centers would have been shot to ribbons. We had a couple brand new shooters who had equipment problems. Peter from Midway USA was shooting with his wife. She did a good job. I hope I did not misspell her name. It was hard to make out the writing on the Registration Sheet.
Andrew, Chuck and I managed to get the range mowed and looking good for the match. With something like 9 inches of rain since the last match, the range was looking like a hay field ready to bale. Here are the Match Results.

Sniper Match Open Division:
Joe 336
Marvin 253
Scott 341 Third
Denis 273
Ben 390 Second
Nathan 35
Michael 185
Chad 195
Quin 211
Vanis 402 First
B.J. 269

Sniper Match Lite Tactical Division:
Tom 404 Second
Sean 217
Andrew 245
Kyle 424 First
Kenneth 78
Rachel 241
Peter 305 Third

Re: Big Piney 28 Aug Match Results

I was originally planning to come this time, but I was unable to at the last minute, the wife had something that came up and I had to be home.

What was the course of fire like? I've been to a few of these matches and always thought that the course of fire was a bit challenging, but what did you do differently this time?

Branden

We started out at 100 yards firing from sitting position unsupported.
200 yards was fired off the multipurpose simulator over barricade.
300 yards was fired off the barrels but they were layed over length ways away from you. You fired your rifle off the barrel on it's side but you couldn't scotch the barrel to keep it from moving.
400 was from the multi-purpose simulators again shooting prone through the firing port using your weak hand.
500 yards was off the rooftop simulators shooting prone.
600 yards we shot sitting using our new benchrest sitting stools.
And 700 and 800 yards was fired prone but you was given 1 minute to make all 5 of your shots. Very challenging and very few scored above 400 points.
Too bad it wasn't a F-Class shoot this month, weather was perfect, not to hot and sunny and the wind was not much if any. Had some new shooters show up and some of our regular shooters were not there but still a good turn out. September is F-Class match and also the Club's annual hog roast the night before. Also check the club's match schedule closely for September, Labor Day weekend pushed some matches back towardss the middle of the month a couple of organizations have schedule the range for some events also. Check the website's forum on any changes.

It was kind of tough, but very fun.

100 yards was sitting unsupported
200 yards was out a window
300 yards was off a 55 gallon barrel on it's side unsupported
400 yards was shooting through a 3" wide gap weak side ( meaning if you normaly shoot right handed, you shot this left handed )
500 yards was off a roof
600 yards was sitting on the ground shooting off a bench rest stool
700 and 800 was timed. Once everyone was ready, the gentleman holding the stopwatch, when he said begin, you had 60 seconds to pop it your mag and get off 5 rounds.

Scott did a great job sunday. The wife and I had a great time. She now wants a rifle. So with that said, I am shopping for a TRG 22 in a 308 for her. She said she only wants a NF on top. Cool, I will have a back up rifle now....