• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Piney Multi Range F Class 26 September MISSOUR

Bob Roach

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2003
SC MISSOURI
The next Multi Range F Class will be held 26 September 2010 at the Big Piney Sportsman's Club located in South Central Missouri. ( On B Highway about halfway between Houston and Raymondville Missouri)
The match starts at 9:00 AM. Entry Fee is $20.
We have 2 Divisions, OPEN and Lite Tactical.

Lite Tactical Information: This Division is for the 204 Ruger, 223/556mm and similar rifles. Nothing larget than 222 Magnum. Targets are engaged at 100 thru 600 yards. At 100 and 200 yards you fire 6 rounds, from 300 thru 600 yards you fire 7 rounds from each firing point for a total of 40 rounds.

OPEN Division: 5 rounds are fired from each firing point berm back to either 700 or 800 yards. Normally during Archery season we only shoot to 700 yards.

You can shoot off a portable rest or ruck sack, however 95% of our shooters are shooting from a bipod. We do have a few benchrest shooters, however most of our shooters are using the same tactical rifle they shoot in the sniper matches.
We shoot a Sniper Match one month using simulators and humanoid silhouette targets, and a multi range F Class the next month shooting at bulls eye targets. So we have an F Class Match every other month, and a Sniper Match every other month, on the off month.

We do something different in the F Class match. Targets will be Scored and Bullet Holes Pasted from 300 yards back. The yardage will be marked on the paster. This lets you analize each group at each yardage. NOTE: We have a seperate 100 and 200 yard target, no need to paste them.

After our last round of target improvements we can now have a maximum total of 34 F Class target or 68 Sniper Targets up at one time.

for more info

http://bigpineysportsmansclub.com/

Re: Big Piney Multi Range F Class 26 September MISSOUR

Poorboyshooter
The Lite Tactical Division is for 17 Remington, 204 Ruger, 221 Fireball, 222 Remington, 223 / 5.56, 223 AI, and 222 Magnum.
Possibly a couple others based on the 223 case.

The 22-250 shoots with the Big Boys. My brother needs to get his 22-250 AI going one of these days. He has not worked with it enough to get an accurate load worked out.

Last Match Andrew got the bugs out of his 204 Ruger AR15. His score was 503, beating the closest compedator by over 100 points. He has something like 12 each 20 point Tee Zone hits, and a bunch of 15 point hits on the center chest Target Dot.
Who would have ever thought you could get a 204 Ruger to work back to 600 yards.

Not again wheelchairman... my brother and I have brought out our mouse guns last month and planning on it again this month. Viper 225 has been working on making his .221 Fireball shoot out to 600 yards and I been working with my .204 Ruger chambered AR15. I finally got to try it out back to 700 yards a week ago, perfect day not to hot and not to cold, little mirage but some and next to no wind. Well Viper 225's 221 Fireball bullet holes was keyholing the target, he's thinking the bullet is slowing and down and coming out of supersonic and causing the bullets to go squirrelly and well I found out the 204 Ruger and my new loads are bad medicine at 600 yards but they are throwing left off the target at 700 yards. Going to have to do more range time and see if it is something that can be corrected by hold off to the right or something. But for now I will shoot the Lite Tactical class this coming weekend. I would like to see how it would go with our good shooters and their bigger caliber rifles but afaid I would take it in the shorts at 700 and 800 yards with the 204 Ruger. Had a good shoot last month's Sniper Match and hoping to see how good I can do at this month's multi-range F-Class.

Looks like we are having Jerked Pork and Baked Beans for lunch after the match. We had plenty left over from the Club Hog Roast Saturday night.
We have 2 shooters who came in early spending the night at the range.
It is going to cool down tomorrow. It should be a great day. to shoot.

Here's the scores from yesterday's match. 350 was the possible score in the open class and 300 in the light class.

Open Class

1. Jeff 324-9x
2. Ted 323-4x
3. Tommy 320-6x
4. Stephen 318-0x
5. Brad 315-7x
6. Robert 312-3x
7. Joe 309-3x
8. Chuck 306-4x
9. Tom G. 305-5x
9. Brian 305-5x
10. Eric 296-7x
11. Chad 287-3x
12. Ray 281-2x
13. Mike 249-2x

Light Class

1. Bob 262-2x
2. Andrew 255-2x
3. Hunter 240-1x
4. Bryan 227-2x

Other than it being cool and damp, it wasn't a bad day to shoot. Everyone was shooting pretty good and centered in the black until the 700 yard line. There the wind blew everyone quit a ways to the right, it pushed my rounds nine inches over. Because of the heavy overcast, it was hard to see any mirage to help judge the wind.

Not much separating those scores. Weather was as nice as its been in awhile. Good shooting to everyone.

i totally sucked at macth but had a great time and my son placed 3thd so good day at range

I thought it was only fair to spot everyone 20 points by shooting my 500 group a mil low...
whistle.gif

Appearantly, I need MORE coffee before the match!

Seriouly, looking at everyones targets after the match was impressive. The quality of shooters that compete here is amaizing...lots and lots of center punched targets.