• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big thanks to you guys

KLambert05

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
United States
A while back, before I started reading here, I was shooting 3 inch groups at 100 yards and after reading up on tips and tricks and techniques, this was the result of my latest range visit. That's a 5-shot grouping at 100 yards with a 15 mph cross wind shooting a savage 12 btcss in 22-250 with reloaded 55 grain nosler BT and only a $90 scope (can't afford a good one yet).

ayrds4.jpg

23mrash.jpg

The second picture isn't from the range, I was bench rested at the range, its just the only good picture of the gun that I used that I have available at the moment.

Re: Big thanks to you guys

Great to hear that you've improved your shooting. Now learning to read wind well at longer ranges will make you shake in your boots lol. I'm still learning how to do it and it takes a lot.

yeah my 200 yard groups were about an inch due to the wind. I just couldn't keep the groups as tight because it wasnt a constant wind, it was a nice gusting wind. the weather.com deal said that they were 15-22 mph. So it was pretty breezy out there

Very nice shooting especially with that scope! Means you got some skill
wink.gif

Good shooting! This site is a great source of information with all the experienced members.