• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Win for 2A - SCOTUS Rules In Favor of NY Rifle and Pistol

1655997785874.jpeg

Hell to the yeah dawg! Spent literally the past year losing sleep while drafting letters to all local, state, and federal folks with even remote influence on the upcoming case. 👍👍👍

Concealed carry by responsible people is the only effective deterrent to criminals and terrorists seeking to take advantage of target rich environments. It makes a wannabe evildoer's planned mayhem turn into a game of Russian roulette because any person in the crowds that they want to terrorize may shoot their worthless asses DEAD on the spot. It is this uncertainty that WILL deter future evildoers. Not red flag laws, not gun bans, but the constant looming potential of instant neutralization by an armed citizen.

Hell to the yeah dawg! Spent literally the past year losing sleep while drafting letters to all local, state, and federal folks with even remote influence on the upcoming case. 👍👍👍

Concealed carry by responsible people is the only effective deterrent to criminals and terrorists seeking to take advantage of target rich environments. It makes a wannabe evildoer's planned mayhem turn into a game of Russian roulette because any person in the crowds that they want to terrorize may shoot their worthless asses DEAD on the spot.
Yep, its nice to see that Trump’s picks are making the right decisions when it counts and this case was really their first big test in that regard.

Thomas seems especially motivated to put these anti-2A laws/regs down as he once remarked that, “The Second Amendment is a disfavored right in this court” when previous lower court 2A cases were denied review prior to Barrett joining.

Last edited:
Yep, its nice to see that Trump’s picks are mKing the right decisions when it counts and this case was really their first big test in that regard.

Thomas seems especially motivated to put these anti-2A laws/regs down as he once remarked that, “The Second Amendment is a disfavored right in this court” when previous lower court 2A cases were denied review prior to Barrett joining.

Makes me teary eyed to know that WE are actually empowering EVERY civil rights and social justice cause out there at once by making sure any potential victims can arm themselves with the appropriate tools to ensure their survival and safety through whatever challenges may stand in their way. Who are the fucking social justice warriors again? SAY IT LOUDER. AGAIN.

Decision is awful. It rightly struck down NY’s law but did not bite the bullet (pun intended) and say that 2A is a fundamental right and is subject to strict scrutiny—the only right in the Bill of Rights that is not.

Couldn’t agree more, I can’t understand why this was limited to NY when plenty of other states have obviously similar infringements.

All similar infringements should be immediately scrapped rather than having each one require a specific court case.

Glad to see it moving in the right direction but the baby steps which take eons are aggravating.

I certainly hope that is the case but my reading of it suggests it points specifically to NY’s law. I hope to be proven wrong here.

I certainly hope that is the case but my reading of it suggests it points specifically to NY’s law. I hope to be proven wrong here.
The legal implication is that any such law or reg anywhere the COTUS governs is unconstitutional.

NY was simply the defendant and its law the subject of the case itself. So the opinion is going to refer to it as such. No different than any other court case decided at bu the SCOTUS.

ETA: the legal question before the court concerned whether NY state’s “may issue” policy for ccw permits is constitutional, e.g. whether new york residents had to demonstrate a need to apply for and be granted the permit.

The Court found it was not. So any same or like-kind laws, at any level in this country, are also now null in void.

Last edited:
Now its time to challenge all state level aw bans and mag capacity restrictions.

Perhaps someone/group in Washington state and/or Rhode Island can lead the charge
AW bans, yes.

I'd be careful about the mag bans going first.... though we should try for sure.

The bigger issue with the mag bans is the 9th Cir. Ct. had a very positive ruling that struck down all sorts of stuff in CA, but even that pro-2A judge indicated that it's probable the mag limits could be OK given that there is data to suggest that they my help [with the reduction of crime, etc.].

AW bans, yes.

I'd be careful about the mag bans going first.... though we should try for sure.

The bigger issue with the mag bans is the 9th Cir. Ct. had a very positive ruling that struck down all sorts of stuff in CA, but even that pro-2A judge indicated that it's probable the mag limits could be OK given that there is data to suggest that they my help [with the reduction of crime, etc.].
Yep…If i had to prioritize one over the other it would def be the aw bans hence why it came before mag capacity restrictions in my post. Mag capacitiy laws are also a lot harder to really enforce as it is; most have full 30s if they need them in places where they are otherwise outlawed.

The legal implication is that any such law or reg anywhere the COTUS governs is unconstitutional.

NY was simply the defendant and its law the subject of the case itself. So the opinion is going to refer to it as such. No different than any other court case decided at bu the SCOTUS.

ETA: the legal question before the court concerned whether NY state’s “may issue” policy for ccw permits is constitutional, e.g. whether new york residents had to demonstrate a need to apply for and be granted the permit.

The Court found it was not. So any same or like-kind laws, at any level in this country, are also now null in void.
I believe so as well but fully expect that the cases will have to be brought to court in every one of those states. I doubt they will simply disband those laws.

Decision is awful. It rightly struck down NY’s law but did not bite the bullet (pun intended) and say that 2A is a fundamental right and is subject to strict scrutiny—the only right in the Bill of Rights that is not.
I disagree. It's actually a bigger win that the Court jettisoned the means-end scrutiny test. That was a second step in the analysis to save otherwise constitutionally offensive restrictions.

The Court is essentially saying, there's no governmental interest that justify infringement on the right to bear arms outside the home. The only permissible infringements are ones similar to any that were common in 1787.

I believe so as well but fully expect that the cases will have to be brought to court in every one of those states. I doubt they will simply disband those laws.
Believe whatever the hell you want, I’m tired of trying to explain it.

Reactions: DudeBro
So what happens when NY continues to ignore the ruling...

Yep. Heller affirmed the right as applying to individuals without the precondition that individuals be members of a “militia”.

Heller also established that government can make "reasonable" restrictions on where guns are allowed (read: victim disarmament zones) and provides for the restriction of "especially dangerous" firearms (read: just about every NFA item). So to the extent that this ruling builds upon Heller, don't expect those restrictions to go away.

Heller also established that government can make "reasonable" restrictions on where guns are allowed (read: victim disarmament zones) and provides for the restriction of "especially dangerous" firearms (read: just about every NFA item). So to the extent that this ruling builds upon Heller, don't expect those restrictions to go away.

The question before the court was whether a govt body in any jurisdiction subject to the CONUS can impose “needs justification requirements” in a blanket manner. It doesn’t touch on specific location restrictions (ie it doesn’t say that you can carry whatever you want wherever)…there’s always going to be exceptions to the rule.

But Heller did affirm that, “…the right of the people to keep and bear arms…” applies to individuals and this ruling builds on that outcome by further affirming that all such individuals must not be burdened via a blanket “needs justification” requirement prior to being evaluated individually for the issuance of a ccw permit.

The decision is essentially an expansion of legal recognition of our rights. our rights themselves dont need expansion as we are born with them but the recognition thereof still has a long way to go hiwever this is a start.

Now whether the concept of ccw permits itself is constitutional is another matter (it’s not..constitutional carry should be the law of the land).

My take anyway…

Reactions: JR_77
The question before the court was whether a govt body in any jurisdiction subject to the CONUS can impose “needs justification requirements” in a blanket manner. It doesn’t touch on specific location restrictions (ie it doesn’t say that you can carry whatever you want wherever)…there’s always going to be exceptions to the rule.

But Heller did affirm that, “…the right of the people to keep and bear arms…” applies to individuals and this ruling builds on that outcome by further affirming that all such individuals must not be burdened via a blanket “needs justification” requirement prior to being evaluated individually for the issuance of a ccw permit.

The decision is essentially an expansion of legal recognition of our rights. our rights themselves dont need expansion as we are born with them but the recognition thereof still has a long way to go hiwever this is a start.

Now whether the concept of ccw permits itself is constitutional is another matter (it’s not..constitutional carry should be the law of the land).

My take anyway…
I think it's more simple than that. If a government restricts firearms possession or carry (either inside or outside the home), that is presumptively unconstitutional. There is only one way to overcome that presumption - the restriction must be similar to restrictions in place at or near the ratification of the Bill of Rights (1791). For example, I don't see the MD handgun qualification requirement surviving (MSI v. Hogan) because there were no training restrictions in effect during the relevant historical period.

Last edited:
I think it's more simple than that. If a governmental restricts firearms possession or carry (either inside or outside the home), that is presumptively unconstitutional. There is only one way to overcome that presumption - the restriction must be similar to restrictions in place at or near the ratification of the Bill of Rights (1791). For example, I don't see the MD handgun qualification requirement surviving (MSI v. Hogan) because there were no training restrictions in effect during the relevant historical period.
Hopefully it doesnt.

Bitter NY State Government, lol.

Fuck you, Karen! (Houchel)

We should be calling a special session of the legislature to replace her and all the other traitors that would prefer to strip the rights of law abiding citizens, yet grant criminals the right to walk the streets.

Only in NY could you have logic this ass backwards and remain in power. I guess all those tax dollars are good for something. Keep feeding the trolls that vote for you and your job is secure.

So basically: States that were once "may issue" are now "shall issue"? Meaning... you still need a permit to carry. But now you don't need to prove "good cause" to obtain a permit to carry for self-defense? And issuing bodies can't make the application process cost prohibitive?

Reactions: stefan73
Believe whatever the hell you want, I’m tired of trying to explain it.
I’m happy to be wrong.

I’m also expecting this state to continue to infringe however they can find a way so I’m trying to understand what loopholes they will find and what frustrations they will present to folks trying to utilize their rights.

I’m basically hoping that this results in all ‘may-issue’ states immediately reverting to ‘shall issue’ but I’m suspecting it won’t be quick or straightforward but I’m glad to see this is more expansive that I had originally read it to be.

So basically: States that were once "may issue" are now "shall issue"? Meaning... you still need a permit to carry. But now you don't need to prove "good cause" to obtain a permit to carry for self-defense? And issuing bodies can't make the application process cost prohibitive?
Basically yes, at least that’s my take. The question before the court wasn’t challenging the constitutionality of the ccw permits themselves, just NY’s condition that the applicant prove a “need” for it. NY’s law is (or now “was”) similar to a few other states’ ccw permit laws (and Canada’s when it comes to getting a firearm in general).

The decision didn't have to declare strict scrutiny because Thomas said in his opinion that the two tiered scrutiny was one too many. Only the text and history apply.
This was a bigger win than I think you realize.

I’m happy to be wrong.

I’m also expecting this state to continue to infringe however they can find a way so I’m trying to understand what loopholes they will find and what frustrations they will present to folks trying to utilize their rights.
That is always a danger that we all must be prepared for but that’s as far as I’ll go with it here.

Reactions: Kein Mitleid
We should be calling a special session of the legislature to replace her and all the other traitors that would prefer to strip the rights of law abiding citizens, yet grant criminals the right to walk the streets.

Only in NY could you have logic this ass backwards and remain in power. I guess all those tax dollars are good for something. Keep feeding the trolls that vote for you and your job is secure.
Have you not seen DC? Or Cali? Or Washington state? Or Oregon? Or Illinois (especially Chicago)? The list goes on.

Reactions: Jumper
Couldn’t agree more, I can’t understand why this was limited to NY when plenty of other states have obviously similar infringements.

All similar infringements should be immediately scrapped rather than having each one require a specific court case.

Glad to see it moving in the right direction but the baby steps which take eons are aggravating.
Tell me you don't understand how constitutional law works without telling me....

Reactions: Kein Mitleid
Have you not seen DC? Or Cali? Or Washington state? Or Oregon? Or Illinois (especially Chicago)? The list goes on.

Oh I have but we specialize in bail reform here in NY where letting violent offenders back out on the street is now acceptable behavior but owning an AR is not.

My point being criminals have more freedoms in NY than law abiding citizens.

fuck Biden and the NY governor .. idiots still dont get it, see the ignorant response from the NY governor "back when 2A was written we had muskets " .. stupid bitch, does the 1st ammendment not cover tv, radio, internet since we didnt have them either .. ignorance is bliss i guess

Serious question.

Simplified, does this ruling mean 2 things:

- The 2nd DOES in fact cover self defense

- Self defense with a firearm is NOT limited to just inside your home

Reactions: LeftyJason