• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Biggest unicorn

surgeon260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2014
Colorado
What's the most unobtanium component you can't get your hands on?

For me it is Retumbo. I literally haven't seen that stuff anywhere in 3 years.

Reactions: secondofangle2
What's the most unobtanium component you can't get your hands on?

For me it is Retumbo. I literally haven't seen that stuff anywhere in 3 years.
I've been able to get tons of Retumbo during these "dark years". My problem has been finding Berger 30-cal 200.20x Hybrid bullets ... the pills my favorite 300-WM just LOVES. If you ever drive through Central Oregon, DM me and I can help you with some Retumbo.

Common sense has been unobtanium since the plandemic started.
Just one example i was written up at work for stating that masks do absolutely fucking nothing at stopping or spreading Wuflu.

Now it has all of a sudden become fact, even out of the mouth of that little Chimpanzee looking fuck Anthony Faucci

Common sense has been unobtanium since the plandemic started.
Just one example i was written up at work for stating that masks do absolutely fucking nothing at stopping or spreading Wuflu.
escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Shootingbot says it's been 36 weeks since anyone has seen Berger 200.20x Hybrids. I contacted Berger and their answer was ... "Have you tried our 215's? You'll really like them". Reminds me of the old joke:
Question: What did the French say to 100,000 invading German troops?
Answer: "Table for 100,000 - right this way."

Been a good while for ones like H4895 and TrailBoss as well.
These were both known for being very forgiving in the sense that they don't mind being downloaded.
Lots of the alternatives can handle the normal loads, but they won't follow with avoiding dangerous behavior when down loaded.

Reactions: XLR308 and BLEE
Gunbroker -
damn near .50 cents a primer for GM215M
dang 215s are around .40 cents
crazy

• Sad
Reactions: XLR308
On that Retumbo issue, my impression is that you like its slow burn rate right up front.

My suggestion, try Ramshot LRT. It's ball powder, and it slower than Retumbo, H-1000, and 50BMG. It's also available, and a whole lot cheaper.

Might fill a niche for you.

As for H4895, I'm developing W748 and W760 as subs for a number of chamberings.

When your 215M's desert, you try WLR's.

Greg

PS I don't think I've ever owned more than 6000 at any one time.

Last edited:
Reactions: surgeon260
CCI 200s. I don't even know why. Every week a buddy sends me a link to #450 SRPs, but never large rifle primers.

I get that primers are rare, but I know a lot of people and see a lot of hard-to-find stuff. SRPs are everywhere by comparison to LRPs it seems.

Reactions: XLR308
Reactions: TheyCallMe64
For me it has been Barnes .300WM 190gr VOR-TX® LONG RANGE ammunition. My Bergara loves the stuff. Started looking for more in early 2020 for my AZ bull elk hunt. I made do with the 11 rounds I had and filled my freezer with rounds to spare. Kept looking till 2022 when I came across a small gun shop in northern AZ that had some in stock, which I bought. Spoke to the owner and he said he ordered a case a couple years ago and it just showed up out of the blue. Fortunately just in time for my 2022 cow hunt. Have a small supply now.

Since then nothing. I still look several times a week on web sites and my LGS's.

I haven’t seen a box of large rifle magnum primers in years. I’m down to ration time with my cci 250 lrm.

Alliant powders have been difficult for me. Wanted to try some 23 but I haven’t seen it at all. As of recently Berger 105 and 109 have also been extremely scarce. Before I wanted them, I saw them regularly…….,

I bought a bunch of RL26 and 8208 and then promptly switched to different powders. Soooo, I have RL26 and 8208.

Reactions: DIBBS
Reloder 26 and H4895...
RL 26 was scarce before the pandemic, it must be made from Sasquatch turds and Unicorn tears....

I've actually picked up some H4895 in the not too distant past, but the only RL26 I've gotten is from backorders I placed long ago. Fortunately, I've still got > 30lbs

My most hurtful of missing components are Berger 230 hybrids. I have multiple backorders that have been out there for years. They simply are not getting produced.

For me it has been Barnes .300WM 190gr VOR-TX® LONG RANGE ammunition. My Bergara loves the stuff. Started looking for more in early 2020 for my AZ bull elk hunt. I made do with the 11 rounds I had and filled my freezer with rounds to spare. Kept looking till 2022 when I came across a small gun shop in northern AZ that had some in stock, which I bought. Spoke to the owner and he said he ordered a case a couple years ago and it just showed up out of the blue. Fortunately just in time for my 2022 cow hunt. Have a small supply now.

Since then nothing. I still look several times a week on web sites and my LGS's.
I was kind of hoping since Sierra bought them from the remington dumpster fire they would start being a bit more available but no telling what shape the company was in under remington management.

1681596901981.png
1681596955074.png

Almost had me jumping... but these haven't been laying around lately....
Maybe you meant somewhere different than the Hodgdon web site?

Shootingbot shows roughly 46 weeks ago for Clays, and roughly 88 days ago Midsouth dropped some 8208, otherwise it was back 46 weeks ago...

• Sad
Reactions: JFR
In stock at Hodgdon retail. Not hodgdon.com

Attachments

• A172A9AE-591C-4F14-8203-835D9E639B65.png
    A172A9AE-591C-4F14-8203-835D9E639B65.png
    1 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: JFR
In stock at imrpowderstore.com

Attachments

• 41360D16-39B9-4A1A-8A86-964CE5706739.png
    41360D16-39B9-4A1A-8A86-964CE5706739.png
    811.6 KB · Views: 18
Now I’ve never bought from either place but it doesn’t say out of stock. I’ve got 40+lbs of xbr. I followed AJ’s advice. And 12 gauge ammo is a dime a dozen around here.