• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn Armory Lever Actions

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I was not really sure where to post this. I have been wanting a lever action rifle for many years. I came across Big Horn Armory about a year or so ago and lately have been going back to their website. I called them up with questions I had and they were very nice people to talk with. I also have watched many Utube videos and like what I see and hear about them. So I am on the verge of putting a down payment on a 500 S&W lever action with a few upgrades. They are pricey but you get what you pay for and they seem to be extremely well built rifles. The wait time I was told was about a year and have no problem with that.

So does anybody here have 1 of these rifles or had 1 at 1 time. Would like to get some feedback on these from actual owners. Have you had any problems with the rifle or had to send it back for 1 reason or another? If so, how was the customer service? What is your over all impression on the rifle and how well did it shoot? Fellas, let me know if I should go with it and order 1 of these. I know their are many other lever guns out their so lets try and keep this on track with Big Horn Armory lever guns.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Dan

I got to shoot one in 454 last year. It was a work of art, almost like Freedom Arms had built it. And it was a tack driver, even with factory ammo.

I almost ordered one but they would not do one in 41 Mag.

I really want a 500 S&W gun. I'd much rather have something like the Marlin SBL or GBL but it's too big for any of the conventional actions.

Yup. I had one is 500 as well. Honestly, it was over rated. There were clear tooling marks inside the receiver and on the bolt lugs. The action was gritty and had ti be worked over by a gunsmith. The exterior, however, was well done