• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn Build from a first timer

texjitter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2022
Texas
Good morning! New guy here just wanted to post up my first bolt gun build using a Bighorn Origin, Krieger 6mm Creedmoor 18” barrel and a Grayboe Phoenix stock. This is my “do anything in Texas” rig.

Looking forward to getting involved in the community and learning all I can

94486FEC-E042-44C8-AC10-3E8D170E0BC5.jpeg

That is one sexy rifle there sir! I also built my first bolt gun this week with a origin. I think I'm in love, I'm going to have some high end ar's on the chopping block soon lol

Reactions: texjitter
Very nice rifle; should serve you well as a “do anything in Texas“ rig.

Considering your SR5 in the background; now it’s time to jack it up a few inches and put some BFG KM3 or KO2 285’s on it. It would be your “do anything off-road in Texas“ rig. Would make a great pair.

Reactions: McJerkins
3B85BB80-A046-4595-B2CB-7E6ADAFCF6D4.jpeg

Very nice rifle; should serve you well as a “do anything in Texas“ rig.

Considering your SR5 in the background; now it’s time to jack it up a few inches and put some BFG KM3 or KO2 285’s on it. It would be your “do anything off-road in Texas“ rig. Would make a great pair.
Went with some Mickey Thompsons instead to try something different
A4EE8268-DAF9-49BD-8369-3EF85ED36C3C.jpeg

Reactions: YotaEer
Went with some Mickey Thompsons instead to try something different

Nice! I couldn’t tell from the front. MT’s are good tires, I use to like the way their Baja Belted looked, but I’ve never run them. I’ve got Falken Wildpeaks on my ‘16; I got them for their great winter driving characteristics as this vehicle spends most of its time around Chicago unfortunately. I picked it up used with 22,000 miles on it March 2020 for a song; have had offers for $8,000 more than I paid for it…….crazy.

Sorry to hijack your Bighorn thread, I’ve got all the parts to put together a rifle with a Origin short action, but life keeps getting in the way. I might get it together this summer. It has a 6.5 PVA M24 barrel and KRG-B stock.

What lift did you put on your 4 Runner?

Here‘s my 4 runner:

Attachments

• B22B6C50-D91F-4737-9076-4C1D5AC65B5B.jpeg
    B22B6C50-D91F-4737-9076-4C1D5AC65B5B.jpeg
    918.8 KB · Views: 39
Nice! I couldn’t tell from the front. MT’s are good tires, I use to like the way their Baja Belted looked, but I’ve never run them. I’ve got Falken Wildpeaks on my ‘16; I got them for their great winter driving characteristics as this vehicle spends most of its time around Chicago unfortunately. I picked it up used with 22,000 miles on it March 2020 for a song; have had offers for $8,000 more than I paid for it…….crazy.

Sorry to hijack your Bighorn thread, I’ve got all the parts to put together a rifle with a Origin short action, but life keeps getting in the way. I might get it together this summer. It has a 6.5 PVA M24 barrel and KRG-B stock.

What lift did you put on your 4 Runner?

Here‘s my 4 runner:
That looks great! I just have a 2” RC level on mine. Its a 2020 that still needs a roof rack and lots of other accessories

It’s a process that takes time, there’s a lot of stuff that can be added. I do like my roof rack. It’s a LFD Offroad full powder coated stainless rack. Built like a tank and easy to install. Here’s a front shot. My ladder is from Baja Offroad, I picked it up on a 15% off Father’s Day sale.

Attachments

• DBE7048B-23CD-4FB8-9E23-9C27E52867F0.jpeg
    DBE7048B-23CD-4FB8-9E23-9C27E52867F0.jpeg
    743.9 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: texjitter
That’s a nice looking rifle! How are you liking that stock? I researched it when it first came out but ended up going a different route.