• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn Long Action 6.5x47 Magazines

fmjfirearms

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
Hi
I have a Bighorn TL3 Long Action in an XLR Evolution chassis.
I want to shoot 6.5x47L in it with 10 round mags.
I have a 10 round 300 win mag magazine, but I cant get the rounds to feed reliably.
They nose dive into the mag.
Has anybody got a similar round to feed, using a 10 round magazine in a long Action TL3?
Thanks
Mark

Odds are you need to bend the front of the feed lips out to point the rounds into the chamber.

Mark,
I think this is going to be a difficult task to accomplish. The difference in the round/magazine is pretty substantial. 6.5x47 works well in the short action magazines with the TL3, but maybe a call in to Bighorn directly would be your best bet.

My long action Bighorn in 308 feeds without issue from the Magpul AICS "Hunter" 30-06 magazines.
I don't have a suggested solution for a 10rd mag but the easy 5rd solution is to use them.

In the past I have modified the feed lips of LA 300WM AICS mags to feed 6.5 Creedmoor. It is a thankless job that I would not do again.

I can get 5 round mags to feed no problem.
The 5 round have flat springs, the 10 round wire springs and don't feel consistent.
The 5 round have the spring riveted to the follower, the 10 round pivots
That coluld be a problem?
I might try getting a flat spring.

My long action Bighorn in 308 feeds without issue from the Magpul AICS "Hunter" 30-06 magazines.
I don't have a suggested solution for a 10rd mag but the easy 5rd solution is to use them.

In the past I have modified the feed lips of LA 300WM AICS mags to feed 6.5 Creedmoor. It is a thankless job that I would not do again.

I have a few LA .338 mags. Can you modify them for me so they feed .223? Thanks.?

On a related note: will a SA TL3 prefit headspace to a LA TL3?

Reactions: JMcBurn