• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn request

Dai Bando

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Any chance we could get some pics of all the different bolt handles on actions?

About to squeeze teh trigger on an Origin and the swept bolt with the shorter ones is stalling me out.

I pre-ordered the tactical

BigHorn Origin Tactical Knob.jpg

Reactions: Dai Bando
Looking for Origin specifically? Will probably be hard to find many pics of the Helical diamond and such. I know the pic above from PRN is the tactical. That's what my brother got and here's the teardrop. Personally i'd go for the longer handles like the teardrop, tactical, or helical diamond. Dad's SR3 has the short diamond on it and it's fine for hunting but a tad short otherwise.
20180116_134437-1.jpg

I would assume the bolt knobs for the origin are identical to all their other models. I ordered teardrop.

Here’s the pic of them all compared from their website.

766EB424-237E-47A4-A80C-59ED937C298C.jpeg

Teardrop, Spiral, Tactical, Diamond and Helical Diamond

I was kinda hoping Ray or Aaron would post up some pics of them on an Origin.

This will be a light hunting rifle and I'm thinking of the spiral one.

Got any pics of your Dad's?

Thanks, Zeroguy.

I'm familiar with their pic.

Spiral or Diamond look really short.

I've got a TL3 with the Tactical and it'd be a bit too much with what I'm planning.

I should have known better, of course I’m not the only person endlessly looking at bighorn pics online in anticipation of my Origin delivery.

I’d probably rock one of the shorter ones for a hunting rig too. The spiral looks nice.

I got a helical diamond knob on my TL3 and I use a knife hand style bolt lift motion to unlock the bolt. Only took 2 cycles to realize there is a reason most guys use smooth bolt knobs on guns they run their bolts fast on. If you palm the bolt open you will be fine but just a heads up if you use your trigger finger as the main contact point for the bolt lift it will not feel the greatest. I am thinking of picking up the spiral type and giving that a try.

I was kinda hoping Ray or Aaron would post up some pics of them on an Origin.

This will be a light hunting rifle and I'm thinking of the spiral one.

Got any pics of your Dad's?

Yup. Spiral works perfect for hunting if you're actually going to be packing it and don't want anything snagging. I have the helical diamond on my hunting rig personally but it's more of a hybrid rig. Kind of like a purpose built hunting rifle with the intended use as a backup match rifle.

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG

Here's mine with the helical Diamond, i don't really have issue with it being too rough or anything though and i use my fingers to manipulate the bolt, don't grab

IMG_0163.JPG

Nice rifles.

Appreciate the help guys.

I honestly think their bolt knobs could use some updating.

Wish they made a sprial one without the spirals.

Reactions: 5RWill
You could always just swap it out with some other aftermarket one if the bighorn ones don’t tickle your fancy.

Am I wrong to assume any threaded bolt knob for a Remington 700 would work?

Nice rifles.

Appreciate the help guys.

I honestly think their bolt knobs could use some updating.

Wish they made a sprial one without the spirals.

They make 5 different styles, how much more room is there to "update"? Who out there makes more options for their particular action? ARC makes one, probably half the people running an ARC don't even like the knob. Seems like it's the number one complaint about that action. I personally hated the helical spiral knob that was on my TL3 SA. I love the regular tactical knob on my TL2 and the same was on my TL3 long action I had.

So, does the pain start in your filopian tubes? :)
I got a helical diamond knob on my TL3 and I use a knife hand style bolt lift motion to unlock the bolt. Only took 2 cycles to realize there is a reason most guys use smooth bolt knobs on guns they run their bolts fast on. If you palm the bolt open you will be fine but just a heads up if you use your trigger finger as the main contact point for the bolt lift it will not feel the greatest. I am thinking of picking up the spiral type and giving that a try.

They make 5 different styles, how much more room is there to "update"? Who out there makes more options for their particular action? ARC makes one, probably half the people running an ARC don't even like the knob. Seems like it's the number one complaint about that action. I personally hated the helical spiral knob that was on my TL3 SA. I love the regular tactical knob on my TL2 and the same was on my TL3 long action I had.

With the swept bolt handle on the Origin, they are aiming at easy fit in a 700 take off stock. Guys will be using the Origin for more traditional style hunting rifles as I am here.

Just one man's opinion on teh internet, so yeah, I'd love to see a few new ones for the hunting rifle I'm screwing together.

I am liking the tactical style, but have considered purchasing some others to try out... they are only $55 and would probably be pretty easier to sell to another member if you decided you didn't like it.

T6eAEo8.jpg

I am liking the tactical style, but have considered purchasing some others to try out... they are only $55 and would probably be pretty easier to sell to another member if you decided you didn't like it.

T6eAEo8.jpg
this is my plan. probably a spiral for hunting. i went back and forth between tactical and helical diamond

With the swept bolt handle on the Origin, they are aiming at easy fit in a 700 take off stock. Guys will be using the Origin for more traditional style hunting rifles as I am here.

Just one man's opinion on teh internet, so yeah, I'd love to see a few new ones for the hunting rifle I'm screwing together.

I thought their SR3 was for hunting rifles and the Origin is more towards a budget TL3

Reactions: b6graham