• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn SR3 LA w/wyatts cut.... AICS Mag feed/retention issues in KRG Bravo Chassis

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    Good Afternoon-
    Recently purchased a used LA Bighorn SR 3 here. (300 WM) It came in a KRG Stock. I wasn't familiar with the Wyatt Cut...extended magazine room etc.

At any rate, in its current configuration, if i single feed into the chamber, all is good. Shoots lights out.

However if I load the AICS magazine and put it into the KRG bravo, there is a lot of slop in the front end, I am guessing because the magazine doesn't sit tight against the action bottom on the front because of the larger opening. It feeds sometimes, but usually falls out when I'm shooting.

Looking for suggestions/options. I thought of trying to create a wedge or something to hold the mag tight. Then the more costly option would be to get another stock/ inletted for Wyatts bottom metal and purchase a couple magazines for same.

Thoughts/suggestions/ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Which magazine are you trying to use? KRG chassis systems come set up for CIP-length magazines (3.850 inches), and things like the magpul are the standard length (3.715 inches). MDT, Accurate Mag, and AI all make CIP-length magazines.

Alternatively get and install this widget: https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/r7la-mag-spacer/

The Wyatt’s cut let’s you use a Wyatt’s internal box magazine for ~4.00in cartridge overall length; to my knowledge, nobody makes a detachable magazine that takes advantage of the Wyatt’s cut.

Reactions: DIBBS
    My AI AICS mags are standard length.

I'll try and pick up a CIP length mag, and will look at the spacers and see if that resolves the issues.

Thank you for the link-education.!

Reactions: gnochi
    My AI AICS mags are standard length.

I'll try and pick up a CIP length mag, and will look at the spacers and see if that resolves the issues.

Thank you for the link-education.!
    Either option should sort you out just fine. Happy shooting!

Reactions: DIBBS
    You can also adjust the size of the mag well on the bravo by sliding the trigger guard and the forend. If you are not using cip mags there probably won't be enough adjustment there. Just another option to fine tune feeding and mag retention.