• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn TL3 and a Proof Research Carbon Barrel Question/ Issue

notacos4u

Rebellious Subject of New Yorkistan
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2007
The Imperial Control of New Yorkistan
So, I have an issue, obviously. Let me prefix this with, I have never assembled a rifle, so this is my first go around.

I purchased a used Bighorn TL3 SA action with .308 bolt face and a magnum bolt head. I also purchased a TL3 profit 20” 6.5cm proof research carbon fiber barrel. Put Barrel on the action and torqued to 65 ft lbs. Today I received my Manson Go/ No Go Gauges. Put Go gauge in… bolt won’t close, put no go gauge in, won’t close. Put a 6.5 hornady precision hunter 143 round in, feeds and ejects with no issue….. Did not fire the rifle, because the Go gauge didn’t work. Is there something I am missing?? Please help, was really looking forward to breaking in the barrel today, but doesn’t seem like that is going to happen. Appreciate any and all help.

Tl3 is controlled round feed. Are you sure the gauges are installed in the lip on the bolt face? That could very well be your problem.
Thank you very much, I was putting the round into the chamber and trying to close the bolt, which obviously it wouldn’t do. Once I put it into the blot head, closed fine on the Go, and still prevented the No Go …. I am GTG to start breaking in this barrel.

Reactions: tnc