• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn tl3 and Calvin elite light primer strikes?

Mxridr

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 4, 2017
    Anybody having light primer strikes with Calvin elite? Already sent bolt back to bighorn once. Ditch Calvin and order new trigger? Thanks for advice.

I agree with Padom above. Go for at least the special.

I like the special as I don’t really shoot much below 1lb, but it seems to be the new craze to shoot in the 8-10oz range. If that’s your choice, Diamond all the way. Best trigger I’ve ever owned

Triggertechs have proven to be the most trouble free with any custom action I’ve seen posted.

I have them on Nucleus, TL3, Origin, Mausingfield and stock Remmy and don’t have the first problem. Special and Diamond.

I can't tell you if the issue is your action or trigger, but I have the TL3 with a Trigger Tech Diamond and i've never had a single light primer strike

Funny I have heard great things about triggertech. We had one go down at a match on Sunday. Probably just a freak thing.

Funny I have heard great things about triggertech. We had one go down at a match on Sunday. Probably just a freak thing.

That’s the first triggertech I’ve ever heard of going down. Do you know what happened to it?

Not doubting or discounting, just curious! Learning from other people’s mishaps is the best way to learn

Reactions: Mxridr

At some point, all things manufactured by humans can, and will, go down. But, Like Estes said, I'd like to know what happened so I can hopefully avoid the same thing at a match.

I definitely agree. I have no doubt triggertechs are great but things break they way we beat on them. I will find out what happened.

Reactions: Estes640
    Anybody having light primer strikes with Calvin elite? Already sent bolt back to bighorn once. Ditch Calvin and order new trigger? Thanks for advice.

I had the exact same issue, TL3 and Calvin Elite. I mailed my bolt back to Bighorn too, still had issues after I got it back. Switched to TT Special, running like a champ now.

Ditch the timney and buy a TT like everyone else has said.

Bighorn did the same for me. Awesome customer service. Time for a new trigger. Thanks everyone for the responses.

Reactions: Estes640