• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn tl3 finding lands question

SleepDoc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I have used this method in the video previously but I just received a bighorn tl3 and wondered if this method will work the same? Even when cycling the bolt with nothing chambered it has a much more distinct click feel compared to other actions I have. That is the reason I wonder how you would distinguish between the feel/click when in the lands?

And you removed the firing pin so that its not hanging on the trigger? The bighorn should have an easy bolt disassembly

Exactly what he said. Remove that firing pin assembly with a quick twist of the shroud and your good to go.

The best feature of the TL3 IMO, just love it.

Don't forget to use a piece of brass that's been sized so that it chambers with zero effort. You can check the same way, just keep bumping the shoulder back 0.001 at a time until the bolt handle drops freely when you chamber the brass. I use this all the time when setting up my sizing dies.