• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bike Packers, any of you use a frame pack?

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Looking for a frame pack so I can take a lighter pack on biking trips. I like the REI Link frame pack. Anyone got any better suggestions to go with my bike?

186542988_10165766535960427_2731075978280179425_n.jpeg

I thought this would get more responses. I guess we dog piled too quickly. It's been a couple of years since I looked into a bike packing setup but at the time I was set on getting a rock something (can't remember the name) made in USA set up. Seeing that the rei is imported, I would just get a Chinesium 3 piece set for similar money.

This is an old friend of mine. He has won several bikepacking races around the country...
This is an older article from a previous race he did...
https://bikepacking.com/plan/dylan-taylor-american-trail-race/

Also includes the gear he used on the bike for the trip. For the pack, he used a Sala cut throat pack, which is probably frame specific. However, the article also lists the seat and bar packs. The year of that article, he won the American Trail race (over 5K miles).

Last edited:
Reactions: TurdFerguson
Ill assume you didnt mistake the Pit for Grindr and this is a real question...

My mountain bike sports ToPeak trunk and saddle bag combo for years. Get the quick clip frame, make sure you get the saddle bag supports, you can carry a ton of shit so you can get to Trader Joes and back with lattes or soy ingredients.

Poor Turd Fergie... He comes on to ask a simple and innocent enough question and gets to be the latest victim of SH sassing baldashery
LOL Poor bastard. Gonna prolly need therapy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurdFerguson