• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bikini Caps for Vortex Razor HD II?

Paul_H

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 20, 2019
Norwich, CT
Does anyone know a brand & model of bikini scope caps that would fit a Vortex Razor HD II with the sunshade? All I've found so far are the caps the scope came with and flip-up style caps. I'm looking for either the type with two caps attached with bungee of sorts, or even a single piece neoprene cover. My searching has turned up nothing useful.

70E03580-F7DA-4A09-BF7E-281CFF96CC55.jpeg

Why don’t you want flip ups? Always attached and nothing to lose or get in the way.

Why don’t you want flip ups? Always attached and nothing to lose or get in the way.
I do have a set up flip ups that I use now. When at home between matches I like to dry fire using a DFAT device on my scope. With the caps I have to pull off the front cap to remove the sunshade, not enough room to unscrew it otherwise. Was looking for alternatives to the caps so I don't have to keep installing/removing the front one. Had a bikini style set of caps on my last scope and thought I'd give another set a try.

Reactions: Rob01
Understood. The scope coat mentioned earlier would work to cover the whole scope. I use them on my scopes in the safe to stop banging around.

I've looked at the scope coat and seem to remember their largest one is not long enough to fit with the sunshade on. I do like the flip up caps, just worried about longevity of them when popping the front one on and off. For $20 I'll give the Night Force covers a try. If they don't work out, I'll just keep popping the front flip-up on/off as needed and if I have to replace it once in a while then so be it. My flip-ups are a set of Tenebraex and seem to be well made, so I may be worrying for nothing, and just need something else to tinker with :)

Scope Coats do fit. I have them on my Razors and all have the sunshades on them.

Reactions: Paul_H