• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bill "Restricting" online ammo sales

slowkota

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Link

Hrmmmm...
mad.gif

Wonder if that'll only affect loaded ammo, or include reloading components ie: brass, primers, and bullets???

Looks like I'll be getting into reloading in the near future!

Re: Bill "Restricting" online ammo sales

I called this years ago,, They will say keep your arms,, Well keep the ammo..

Oh man, watch the price of ammo go up and up..

Ch

I guess I will have to just buy 999 rounds at a time. And if I need more order the next day or week. This is just stupid.

"It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians."

Apparently they've never heard of scanners, or digital cameras. Every single place I've ordered ammo from online requires that you submit a copy of a photo ID(generally a drivers licence) when you create an account so they can legally sell you stuff. How exactly is this "new"? Although it is coming from Mrs. "A barrel shroud is the thing that goes up on your shoulder" so I shouldn't be too surprised.

It won't pass the House, and probably not the Senate. I highly doubt this bill will even get attention until after the election because gun control is political kryptonite (1994, anyone?). Still, I'm going to get my new Dillon set up next to my Forster and continue to roll my own, but now in greater volume!

Called Lautenberg's DC office and asked them where the correlation was between the 6000 rds purchased online and the 100 rds Holmes had on him during the shooting and all I heard was silence for several seconds.

Months of planning only to be thwarted by an online ammo purchase ban. Are they kidding?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It won't pass the House, and probably not the Senate. I highly doubt this bill will even get attention until after the election because gun control is political kryptonite (1994, anyone?). Still, I'm going to get my new Dillon set up next to my Forster and continue to roll my own, but now in greater volume! </div></div>

The scary part is that it'll probably see at least some light no matter who wins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It won't pass the House, and probably not the Senate. I highly doubt this bill will even get attention until after the election because gun control is political kryptonite (1994, anyone?). Still, I'm going to get my new Dillon set up next to my Forster and continue to roll my own, but now in greater volume! </div></div>

The scary part is that it'll probably see at least some light no matter who wins. </div></div>

And to think, 2 weeks ago I was thinking about selling all my unused Brownells 30 round mags... Not gonna happen now!

Really, a bill like that is effective within liberal districts. A congressman can show his constituents that he's anti-2nd Amendment, not risk getting voted out of office, and blame the loss on the rest of the country. It's an easy move in places like New York, Massachusetts, and California.

What you will not see are moderate Dems in purple areas risking their political careers for an issue like gun control in an election year. That's political suicide. The NRA is the most powerful lobby in DC, and that's really saying something. I don't think anyone wants to risk public backlash by pursuing gun control this year. After the election, however...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This bill will never pass. </div></div>

But then again, the Bamster may say that it's too important to wait for Congress to act on this and just do it all by his lonesome via executive order. And blame it on the Republicans, of course, somewhere in the process.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Called Lautenberg's DC office and asked them where the correlation was between the 6000 rds purchased online and the 100 rds Holmes had on him during the shooting and all I heard was silence for several seconds.

Months of planning only to be thwarted by an online ammo purchase ban. Are they kidding?</div></div>

You're on a list now, mister!

wink.gif