• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bin Laden's death photos will not be released

Spazz.

Nobody Nothing
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2008
Franklin County, KY
The article is here. I'm of the opinion that while I don't have a real interest in seeing a graphic picture of a dead guy, there are more reasons to release it than not. Oh well.

Re: bin Laden's death photos will not be released

Can't release something that they don't have.....OBL has been dead ,ask me what I think.........
wink.gif

Conspiracy therory::

Failure ot release th photos makes the right wingers suspect cospiracy and foul play...

thisis the Left's way of marginalizing the critics from the right and making them seem like kooks

think birth certificate..

Release of documentation will be when the president feels it will help his cause and reelection...

Anybody know how deep the seafloor where they dropped "him" is?

Time to send an ROV down there.

Only way to know for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clocks ticking for the freedom of information act.</div></div>

Please explain???????, just google'd it and you are correct,by law they have to release info about it. My question is, do you have to submit a legal form requesting it though?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clocks ticking for the freedom of information act. </div></div>

Nah, Title 5 section 552 exemption (A) specifically authorized under criteria established by an Executive order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy...

They dont want all hell to break loose,

But to me, no pics, it never happened.

The conspiracy theorists would not believe the authenticity of the photos anyway. They only believe what they want to believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Conspiracy therory::

Failure ot release th photos makes the right wingers suspect cospiracy and foul play...

thisis the Left's way of marginalizing the critics from the right and making them seem like kooks

think birth certificate..

DNA= a son
picture of dead= son
body in the drink=????? could be Hoffa
1 question, how long do you think you would look the same,or live having to go thru dialysis like OBL??
Truth or conspiracy you decide.

Release of documentation will be when the president feels it will help his cause and reelection... </div></div>

I'll be up front and say, I don't believe the correct an whole story is out yet, so why bitch over photos?

There are many planners within Uncle way, way smarter than I but I'll ask this.

If you know for a fact target is in X place. The odds of a lot of intel is with target and others at site. Arrive at location at night, in birds used/marked from other country's.

Kill all the guards and those that resist yes, but not the target or his family. Why, because I'd get 100% of all the intel I wanted thats why. Plus while the host country is running over their self's that would give me enough time to sift and act on the intel. By the time I had to own up I'd have killed all the leadership and been working my way down the rest of the chain.

This whole thing smells,... and it's a long way from over.

Edit to add,
There was a reason segments of the Army used to use "Isolation" before op's, they still may, don't know. Gives those that are going to do it, the time to think before they kick down a door an get max mission effect, plus max benefits down the road.

Those that plan and all those that jump off to a man, are looking at/understand the end game and have the ability to shift on the fly.
I don't believe this nation has lost that ability, as we were the very best at it, in years past.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories but I find the timing of the entire situation coupled with a lack of any credible "proof" highly suspect. Can't say I've heard much about unemployment or the economy in the news the last couple of days.

That said, I in no way, shape or form intend my suspicion to take away from or discredit those who may have completed the mission.

Who needs a picture when there are witness?

Pakistani officials were questioning the young Yemeni wife of Osama Bin Laden, with no plans Wednesday to surrender the wounded woman to U.S. authorities.

The 27-year-old suffered a gunshot injury to her leg during Sunday's raid of the Pakistan compound that she shared with the world's most wanted terrorist, officials said Wednesday.

According to the Arab language news channel Al Arabiya, the bleeding woman passed out as U.S. Navy SEALs completed their 40-minute raid of the $1 million safehouse.

She was left behind when the American forces departed by helicopter and discovered by Pakistani authorities in the aftermath of the attack.

She was one of three women and nine children - including Bin Laden's 12-year-old daughter - living inside the sprawling residence.

The Pakistani government declared that the wife, along with other Bin Laden family members, will be returned to their homelands.

The wife was reportedly still undergoing treatment at a Pakistan military hospital in Rawalpindi.

While U.S. authorities had initially said another of Bin Laden's wives was killed, the victim was later identified as the spouse of a trusted aide to the al Qaeda chief.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/20...l#ixzz1LQSPfngD

Who says osama's really dead and not sitting in some hole right now having our best guys work on him for many years to come.

The whole WH story is fishy. He gets shot in the face, i.d.'d, then burried at sea in less than 12 hours and now you can't see the photo.

WH story keeps changing. Almost like they didn't get a clear cover story developed.

This would make a great Jack Ryan book.

The picture will leak out. They always do

I laugh at the whole concept of 'conspiracy theory'.

If you need to defeat a group of folks but don't know much about them, it makes really good sense to nab a few and talk to them for a while. Oh wow, that's what we've been doing.

Wouldn't make sense to nab the former head banana? Yeah, probably would. Probably even be able to make the argument that if it chewed up an entire line of your best dudes to nab him it'd be worth it in the context of the greater W.O.T..

Doesn't look real good though if the 'leader of the free world' nabs the head banana and then has to defend him against every would be group that seeks his release by any means necessary. Nor does it look real good if it is widely known that we tapped him for as much info as he had, and then made him stop breathing - humanely or otherwise. Probably not a bad thing to just say something to the effect of - That dude?...nah, we shot that dude in the face. Picture? Uh...pretty graphic dude, besides dude, dancing in the end zone is rude.

The same group that had a story for Pat Tilman and Jessica Lynch now have a new story to tell you.

All I have to say is - I dun know one way or the other, but I do know that given the option - the pragmatic thing to do is to take him alive, milk his mind for a year and then dispose of him quietly. I also know that if that was not the intent of those in charge - they shouldn't be in charge.

As for the photos - there is NO upside in producing them.

Good luck

What would be the point of releasing a photo anyway?

This is 2011, with all the technology these days, you can create any "photo" you want to. Shit, I'd bet most high-school kids these days could photoshop you up something extremely convincing.

Not saying they did or didn't get him. Just asking what a photo would prove?

!? you can find video of terrorist sawing the head off a guy, but they don't want to upset the terrorist by showing his dead ass !!!,, - just another - "Whatever"

Am I the only one wondering where the hell Wikileaks is, when its actually something worth a shit??? lol

I believe that we've still got his body, or atleast his brain (Whatever is left of it!)

Where is Mitch Rapp when you need him.... Damn it.

Lee.

Regardless of if he is truly dead or we got him sitting in some hole pumping him for intel, I would love to see the videos of the Op, I think they would make awesome training videos on conducting clearing buildings.

Those of us who know DEVGRU guys can forward the "theory" that the intelligence community has had eyes on this ass clown for a LONG time. The real story is not the taking down of Bin Laden, but rather the many cards that will fall in the coming weeks and months as a result of springing this trap. The computers and hard drives, etc. will prove to be a bonus, however, IMHO, this was a kill mission and not a capture mission. I think we had plowed the field to the point of powder and the timing was finally right to open a new chapter. Time will tell.

As to the issue of pics, who cares? The POS is gone, nuff said. Why elevate this guy anymore by showing pics? I'm glad we flushed him like a turd. Let's wipe our hands and move on. This guy has had way too much attention for way too long. Our guys did their job and a chapter has been closed out. Good on them.

Here is the only picture that counts

Posting the OBL dead pictures makes us no better then those idiots who post pictures of cutting off heads and such.

Pictures would mean nothing, hell some people still think Elvis is alive and JFK is in a comma in some hospital.

You could probably find pictures of OBL on the grassy knoll in Dallas.

I had an uncle (and his friends) who, until their death believe the moon landing was a farce.

The way Pakastan is so pissed off convinces me OBL is dead.

Would have liked for them to have released a photo right after Obama's Press con. Anything would have been fine. Him cleaned up right before he took a long bath, him with a cubs hat on to hide the split melon, just something.

I know you guys are pissed. I’m sure most of you would have liked to killed him yourselves. When you are not absolutely sure that he is dead it might give one the feeling of... well... you just want to know he is dead and see the hole in his head first hand. It’s called revenge. Gentlemen, these are guaranteed facts: He is dead. We now have a new #1 on our shit list and are pursuing him vigilantly. I can say that with 100% certainty.