• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Binos: Meopta Meostar vs Swaro (15x56). Any opinions?

Danattherock

Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Looking at binos for PRS.

I've looked through a few sets of Swaro 15x (SLC?), which are very impressive. But have never seen the Meopta binos.

Curious if anyone knows how they compare, or opinions on the Meopta in general.

Thanks

Just like he said. Awesome for the price

The 15x56 Meostar’s are one of, if not the best buy of the season. I still can’t believe how much situational awareness I was losing by running a Mark 4 spotter...mirage, trace, FOV, eye strain, etc.

I’ve looked through the 15 power SLC’s...with my untrained bino eye, I couldn’t see anywhere near another $1K worth of sight picture!

You won’t be disappointed if you go with the Meopta’s...

I picked up the Meopta Meostar B1 15x56 HD from @gr8fuldoug about a year ago. Super price, fast shipping, and excellent CS. I think I had them in had 2-3 days after I ordered.

I have been nothing short of impressed with the Meopta bino’s. I would not hesitate to purchase them again. I have referred them to a couple local shooters and they are impressed with the quality for the money. The glass is extremely good.

Picture free hand w/ iPhone X through the 15’s from 530-700 yards.
    794002F7-CE83-43CE-B83C-68CA6DE15384.jpeg

Last edited:
    Thanks for the picture man. Sounds like these offer a lot of quality at about $1,000 under the Swaros.

Reactions: Mxridr
    Peak Design bino kit, after some shaving/trimming to allow the binos to open and close. I like this set up better than the Outdoorsman mounts I also purchased.

Reactions: Danattherock
    I wouldn't buy the Swaro over the Meopta unless you have money you're just trying to blow. I would however buy a swaro spotting scope because I think they are a step up from everything else.

Reactions: Danattherock
    I don't and thanks, I'm calling Doug at Camera Land NY here shortly. Got quoted a really good price yesterday on these binoculars. I'm going to call and buy them before they come to their senses. Lol.

@blbennett1288 I ordered the mount you linked after calling them. Thanks.

Last edited:
    Meopta makes some outstanding glass. They have been overlooked for too long. I have the 82mm spotter and 10x42's. I leave my Swaro 80mm at home need I say more.

Reactions: Wyzrd
    I wouldn't buy the Swaro over the Meopta unless you have money you're just trying to blow. I would however buy a swaro spotting scope because I think they are a step up from everything else.

Swaro ATS or STS are no in the same league as the Swaro ATX or STX..

It really depends on the Swaro line you are comparing. I would agree with the -TX line being stellar, not so much the -TS line.

15SLC fan, love my 8s too. But the Metostars are ??

Thanks to Doug at Camera Land NY I just received a set of Meopta Meostar 15x56 binos. The glass is incredibly clear and bright, resolution, contrast, and IQ appear top shelf. Build quality, finish, and weight give great initial impression. Thanks man.

20191127_143538-COLLAGE.jpg

Thanks to Doug at Camera Land NY I just received a set of Meopta Meostar 15x56 binos. The glass is incredibly clear and bright, resolution, contrast, and IQ appear top shelf. Build quality, finish, and weight give great initial impression. Thanks man.

View attachment 7191486
    It is all down hill from here..... never again will you be satisfied with lesser optics

Don't want to hijack, but anyone have an opinion on how the Meopta binos compare to Maven, specifically the B5 series?

ive been running the 15x meoptas for a year or so and they are nice but the 18x mavens have my attention and i may have them send me a 18x demo to run side by side with the meoptas...the extra power would be great as long as the glass is as good.