• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bipod adaptor for AICS?

Derek Myers

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Where can I get a bipod adaptor for for my AICS stock? I am running a 1.5 AICS with a Rem 700 R5 action and barrel. I want to mount a Harris or like kind of bipod and would like to know the best way to go. I really don't want to drop the coin on the Accuracy Int. bipod and after using the Harris for so long the AI bipod seems a little loose and floppy although dedicated AI shooters swear by them once you get used to them.

Thanks-Derek

Re: Bipod adaptor for AICS?

Uh...the chassis has a forward swivel stud (i.e. - bipod adapter) for the Harris Bipod already built in.

Unless you bought your chassis used and it was modified by the previous owner...it has one. Mount away.

Thanks for the obvious info.........however I was looking for an adaptor that fits in the "plug hole" at the end of the stock. I wanted the bipod to be more forward mounted. I should have made that more clear. I do appreciate your input because frankly the shape of the swivel attachment on my 1.5 is not anywhere close to the sling swivel commonly found on say an HS precision stock. Just by looking at it I would not have though that it would have fit, or at least not fit snuggly.

Thanks-Derek

Well of course you should have made that more clear, damnit!!!
wink.gif

Seriously, I see what you mean. There are a couple different ways to go with a spigot mount rail/bipod setup. Take a look here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1096911

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1164254

Good luck!!

thanks bro.......my biggest problem was for the life of me I could not remember the word spigot.........that was my key foul up. Thanks for the help. Derek