• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bipod advice

I have both Atlas PRS and CAL BT69 gen 2. Both beat the harris and TBAC, hands down. Not a big fan of the prs series though, and I'm having to return the one I have.....When I pan with it, the tension knob will rotate and screw up the cant. I may just trade it for another CAL. Thought that the TBAC would beat the ATLAS, but it was not to be.

Leg extensions for the TBAC seemed to flex excessively, you could only fold the legs back in one direction, and there also seemed to be a large movement when loading the bipod. The PRS and Cal did not have these problems. I also found that with the CAL I did not need the panning feature. Cost was also significantly less compared to TBAC.

When I returned the TBAC bipod, their techs said everything was normal. Very professional and had no problem refunding my money. Good customer service. The same can be said for the people at Atlas. Great customer service.

I have both Atlas PRS and CAL BT69 gen 2. Both beat the harris and TBAC, hands down. Not a big fan of the prs series though, and I'm having to return the one I have.....When I pan with it, the tension knob will rotate and screw up the cant. I may just trade it for another CAL. Thought that the TBAC would beat the ATLAS, but it was not to be.

Leg extensions for the TBAC seemed to flex excessively, you could only fold the legs back in one direction, and there also seemed to be a large movement when loading the bipod. The PRS and Cal did not have these problems. I also found that with the CAL I did not need the panning feature. Cost was also significantly less compared to TBAC.

When I returned the TBAC bipod, their techs said everything was normal. Very professional and had no problem refunding my money. Good customer service. The same can be said for the people at Atlas. Great customer service.

glad you posted in here ive been looking at the TBAC.

Accu-Tac are very stable and much more so than my Atlas PRS. Can’t speak to the Cal in comparison. It would be great for a big magnum rifle. SR5 G2 or BR4 G2, (My preference but own both)

Check out the Warne Skyline bipod!! Great deal if you are a PRS member!!!
IMG_20210210_172850_536.jpg

glad you posted in here ive been looking at the TBAC.
I have all of them. PSR, CAL, TBAC, and Harris. I still use them all. Horses for courses and all.

My favorite for fixed position is the CAL. I like that I can hard lock the cant. I use it from benches, prone, load development, and steel. For positional where I might be on the clock, it's the TBAC. It's also my favorite for the valkyrie. The PSR still has a pic clamp so it is for bench ar use (the ones without ARCA anyway). The Harris is still used on anything with a standard stock.

I am testing the waters so to speak and looking for information on what people like and don't like about their bipods. I would like to make an informed decision on purchasing a bipod for my MDT, ACC chassis.
I recommend B&T Industries BT72-NC Super CAL Atlas Bipod. Really Right Stuff BTC-Pro: Clamp for Atlas Bipod

Attachments

• 72893707_804356606638192_7034115858353070941_o.jpg
    72893707_804356606638192_7034115858353070941_o.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 92571388_762066257533894_1161302295766368256_o.jpg
    92571388_762066257533894_1161302295766368256_o.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 92830696_762494754157711_117053763079897088_o.jpg
    92830696_762494754157711_117053763079897088_o.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 99158884_790540698019783_3877109919182225408_o.jpg
    99158884_790540698019783_3877109919182225408_o.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 96
I hope you have this figured out as to what you want at this point.

I will now give you some sage advice from an Old Fart that knows nothing and here it is.

DO NOT even think about mentioning how someone at Harris treated you well as The wrath of the Gods will be upon your ass and be prepared to understand that their products are nothing but shit and you are the stupidest fucker in the world for using something like that even though that is what you have used for years since bipods first came out.

Ask me how I know this. FM

Reactions: demolitionman
I hope you have this figured out as to what you want at this point.

I will now give you some sage advice from an Old Fart that knows nothing and here it is.

DO NOT even think about mentioning how someone at Harris treated you well as The wrath of the Gods will be upon your ass and be prepared to understand that their products are nothing but shit and you are the stupidest fucker in the world for using something like that even though that is what you have used for years since bipods first came out.

Ask me how I know this. FM
I haven't at this point, I have been researching the suggestions though, honestly I had no freaking clue as to how many different manufacturers and designs there are for such a seemingly simple attachment. I have tried to avoid the ford vs chevy silliness, ya never know I might be one of the dumb fucks that prefers a Harris. What sucks is going through all the others to find that out. I have gotten a lot of useful information here and I truly appreciate the help that has been given.
I have been paying close attention to those who have given details of what they like and don't like. If you have had good luck with Harris by all means please share your experience, you know more than I do in this regard and I would be a fool not to listen and add the knowledge to my decision making process.

I haven't at this point, I have been researching the suggestions though, honestly I had no freaking clue as to how many different manufacturers and designs there are for such a seemingly simple attachment. I have tried to avoid the ford vs chevy silliness, ya never know I might be one of the dumb fucks that prefers a Harris. What sucks is going through all the others to find that out. I have gotten a lot of useful information here and I truly appreciate the help that has been given.
I have been paying close attention to those who have given details of what they like and don't like. If you have had good luck with Harris by all means please share your experience, you know more than I do in this regard and I would be a fool not to listen and add the knowledge to my decision making process.

Regarding the posts about liked vs disliked, I'd like to amend mine a bit regarding the ease of deployment on the Atlas CAL:

I dorked around with mine a bit a couple days ago and was able to speed up lowering the legs, which is the most difficult task in my experience (adjusting leg angle being a close second; making legs longer is almost effortless, so that's nice). I was able to get controlled and acceptably fast leg height reduction by wrapping my pinky around the top band of knurling on the bipod leg for grip, then using that grip for support with my thumb and index finger pulling the leg height locking collar down to release it. Takes a decent bit of pinky grip, but I no longer needed to rock the bipod leg into the ground to get it to shorten up; way faster and vastly more controlled.

I'll edit my original post to reference this one, but I just wanted to let you know that the Atlas CAL is definitely less obnoxious to adjust if you do it properly haha

Well it was a Harris joke from a post way back there that I made a year or so ago that we all had fun with. I was hoping to get that fun started again.

We all need a little humor now and then.
I am new to this site so it flew right over my head but that is ok I like humor as well and agree the world needs more of it, this PC crap is ridiculous.

I am testing the waters so to speak and looking for information on what people like and don't like about their bipods. I would like to make an informed decision on purchasing a bipod for my MDT, ACC chassis.
I'm no expert on the subject, and have only bought relatively low-end bipods.......

My first were all single piece bottom-mounts (said I was no 'spert.....don't know terminology), and I drifted to BullBags instead......with success, but a pain to drag around with the heavy rubber lifter pads I also used for elevating.......

Then went to a little competition that required bipods only for "equality". That was a fiasco for me.

So did some more shopping........I shoot RPRs with mlok handguards. Found the two-piece bipods, each piece mounts to either side of the handguard. SO much more stable. REALLY ! The single piece bipods always seemed to do a lot of rocking.

Got an older rifle now I want bipods on, it won't take the two piece, so will find out if I've matured as a shooter or if my perception of one piece vs two piece is correct.

Good luck!

Reactions: Les-or-more
I'm no expert on the subject, and have only bought relatively low-end bipods.......

My first were all single piece bottom-mounts (said I was no 'spert.....don't know terminology), and I drifted to BullBags instead......with success, but a pain to drag around with the heavy rubber lifter pads I also used for elevating.......

Then went to a little competition that required bipods only for "equality". That was a fiasco for me.

So did some more shopping........I shoot RPRs with mlok handguards. Found the two-piece bipods, each piece mounts to either side of the handguard. SO much more stable. REALLY ! The single piece bipods always seemed to do a lot of rocking.

Got an older rifle now I want bipods on, it won't take the two piece, so will find out if I've matured as a shooter or if my perception of one piece vs two piece is correct.

Good luck!

Does the two-piece setup allow for fine cant adjustment? What I'm envisioning based on your description would only allow for cant adjustments using bipod leg length adjustments, correct?

why not all poles look better when a pretty girl is swinging from them . :LOL: :giggle: 🥰

The Warne skyline precision with ARCA top would work well on the MDT chassis since it has a full length ARCA rail on the hand guard. I have since purchased an ARCA rail mount for my ruger precision rimfire. Whoops used the “R” word but my Warne spends most of its time on my Savage elite precision 6.5 CM. Shit used the “S” word lol. The Warne has some nice features such as ability to lock out the pan feature. And the leg adjust is awesome; push a button on leg and ratchet one step with one hand while shouldered. Quick deploy feature is also nice along with the tensioning wheel. And yes I have a ton of Harris bipods I’ve accumulated over the years.

I spoke with Brandi at BTS yesterday as I'm getting ready to send in the PRS. They continue to impress with customer service. Even though I purchased the PRS from another vendor, they have an exchange program where they evaluate and then make you an offer toward another product. Not too many in this business will do things like that.

She said they will call when the return arrives, from there we do the horse trading.

I've used Harris(authentic stamped sheet metal), CAL Gen 2, PRS...

3 youth shooters all had noticeably smaller groups at 100 simply moving from the Harris to the PRS. It was repeatable and significant.

My groups were smaller with PRS over the Harris. My groups were smaller with the CAL G2 than the PRS very slightly but fairly consistently.

Wider heavier more stable bipod makes a huge difference.

CAL Gen 2 should be the minimum IMO.

Please do yourself a favor and skip on Harris.

I have the Ckye gen 2. It costs a small fortune and likely something else, something less expensive, would do just as well but I like it. So if money is your main consideration, move on. It's hard to justify this based on cost. Having said that, I like it, it's left-handed and works well for me.

I have the Ckye gen 2. It costs a small fortune and likely something else, something less expensive, would do just as well but I like it. So if money is your main consideration, move on. It's hard to justify this based on cost. Having said that, I like it, it's left-handed and works well for me.
So you say it is a lefty, I am a Lefty and always looking for Lefty friendly equipment, what mount did you run the ARCA right side adjustment?
What other Lefty friendly stuff you running?

I used to just stick with Harris until last year. I tried a Tier One bipod and really like it, now have three of them. For a rock solid bipod with great quality, I'm very happy with these.
agree 100%, the tier-one tactical bipod with carbon fiber legs is so light. By far my favorite bipod and i have tried them all. With my custom M-lok attachment mine weighs 9.7 ounces.

Which one do you like better? are both super solid when loaded, especially with big bore like 308 or 6.5?
I have the Warne skyline and love it. Doesn’t matter which hand you are and the quick adjust on the the legs is awesome. Mine is the ARCA mount. I have all of the different feet and 3” extension legs. Locks great. Can be mounted backwards so the legs face the rear in the event you need. Swivels and pans etc and there’s a tension adjustment. Awesome rest

So you say it is a lefty, I am a Lefty and always looking for Lefty friendly equipment, what mount did you run the ARCA right side adjustment?
What other Lefty friendly stuff you running?
I'm running the Cyke pod gen 2 with the ARCA slide knob on the right side. The rifle is a Savage Elite Precision left hand. The chassis is an MDT ACC that can be run left or right. I changed out the trigger for an Elf that I can swivel a bit. Some folks love the Savage Target Accutrigger. I really don't like the feel of the dingus in the trigger face. I'd like to see MDT come out with a chassis for Savage's new Impulse but that's a whole 'nother crate of bananas.